BEWARE if you fish from the bank....

D
Damon79
If you are a bank fisherman aroud the town of Tide on the Siuslaw, beware of a hungry bear. Just talked to my father in law today (who was down there yesterday) and he talked to a couple guys who had all of their eggs eaten from their cooler while waiting for daylight. Apparently they had put their cooler and their gear down by the water well before daylight. While waiting in the vehicle for daylight, a bear helped himself to the contents of their bait cooler. Sounds like there is signs of the bear all around the area where HWY 36 crosses the railroad tracks just above Tide. Probly nothing to worry about, but I would certainly be carrying a heater with me on the bank just to be safe. But on a good note, there is a good number of fish being caught up there.

N
ninja2010
thanks for the heads up... and the report on the fishing.

J
JeannaJigs
Lots of bears up there. Cats too. I'm not so worried abut the bears or the cats, but I carry when I'm out there either way...the locals can be fierce.

N
ninja2010
JeannaJigs said:
but I carry when I'm out there either way...the locals can be fierce.

lol! :clap::clap::clap: too funny... :lol::lol::lol:

D
Damon79
JeannaJigs said:
Lots of bears up there. Cats too. I'm not so worried abut the bears or the cats, but I carry when I'm out there either way...the locals can be fierce.
Yeah no kidding.... I am pretty sure you can hear banjos when you drive through there at night...

T
Thuggin4Life
Good looking out man.

S
SantiamDrifter
I do have a fall bear tag :)

troutdude
troutdude
Cats, bears, banjos, and locals OH MY!!!

A
autofisher
troutdude said:
Cats, bears, banjos, and locals OH MY!!!

None of those are as scarey as Jigs after she's lost a fish. I've seen it once. I froze in terror when she looked at me like she was gonna rip my arm OFF and beat me with it. And I had nothing to do with the fish loss.

troutdude
troutdude
We are all glad to see, that Jigsy returned you home, with both arms still available for more fish outings! :lol::lol:

J
JeannaJigs
autofisher said:
None of those are as scarey as Jigs after she's lost a fish. I've seen it once. I froze in terror when she looked at me like she was gonna rip my arm OFF and beat me with it. And I had nothing to do with the fish loss.

LOL I forgot completely about that 'cause it was the day before my wreck. Not gonna lie, I did get quite fierce...but Mike you made it home in one piece, so it's all good lol.

B
Born2Fish55
JeannaJigs said:

I carry too... I had a run in with a couple of big dogs a few years back... gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when I have to deal with some of those two legged critters. Came across this pair of really 'less than desirable' types up on the Salmonberry, one came up behind me while the other was standing on the other side of the river with a shotgun. Didn't do anything, just questioned why I was there in my waders, vest and fishing pole, which made me think they were not the sharpest knives in the drawer. I dropped a call to the local County Cop and they in turn busted the pair for outstanding warrants and growing pot up there.

Last edited:
C
Coho Kid
I'll just bring wonder boy he smells so bad, any bear with in a 1/4 mile would flee or have his nose be permanently damaged.