Better late then never

B
bigdog
Ok I'm going to be hitting the water this coming friday. I'm going to be taking my budy that lost his mother two weeks ago to try to help him get his mind OFF of things and maybe get his head straighten out a little. I know taking him out isn't going to make everything all better but it will help. It's a little late in the year to be getting in to some steel, I need to know where would be good seeings how I haven't been out but three times this year. "I was thinking about hitting the wilson but like I said I haven't been out much this year so not to sure on where is doing good. Any help would be great, thanks all.
CJ

H
halibuthitman
I would definitely hit any river with a strong native run, and a summer run.. that will put late winter hatcherys, spring nates and early summers all on the table... I would personally fish the necanicum or the sandy, wilson wouldn't be that bad of a bet... and if keeping fish doesn't matter the nehalem is fishing spectacular right now. Good luck, and I hope your friend feels better soon, its very hard losing your parents.

M
metalmania
Wilson or upper sandy.

B
bigdog
One of the reasons I was thinking the wilson is because of the area. It's so nice out there and then we can always take a turn at browns camp and get a little wheeling in while we are there. But I really want to get him in to some fish though and I know the sandy better then the wilson. How upper sandy are we talking about here?
I don't know the nehalem at all, I don't even know how to get there let alone where to go after getting there. I do want to learn it though but not to sure I want to learn it while trying to get him out and in to some fish though.

T
Thuggin4Life
Where ever you guys go good luck and enjoy the time on the water even if you don't get into any fish.

B
bigdog
Oh I always enjoy the water time believe that lol

C
Cohosanders
If you go to the Wilson you can target natives up high in the first 16 miles of holes from mm 27 -11(26 & 27 are hot!!!) Of-course there are fish all throughout the system, but if you guys have time you could also hit the Nehalem around the fish hatchery(go back towards Portland and then cut up through Glenwood to the 26 and the Nehalem is not that far) The Clack has been producing some Natives as well, but I have not seen fish there since the first week of March. Have a great time with your friend and go get some.

M
metalfisher76
Cohosanders said:
If you go to the Wilson you can target natives up high in the first 16 miles of holes from mm 27 -11(26 & 27 are hot!!!) Of-course there are fish all throughout the system, but if you guys have time you could also hit the Nehalem around the fish hatchery(go back towards Portland and then cut up through Glenwood to the 26 and the Nehalem is not that far) The Clack has been producing some Natives as well, but I have not seen fish there since the first week of March. Have a great time with your friend and go get some.

The mouth of the Salmon and Blood rock are, errrr, were hot last week, Sandy wise anyhow.

Z
ZeeBorn
I'd say hit up the Sandy, Cedar Creek or higher. Bring borax eggs for sure!
Good luck!
-Nate

B
BlackBass
Went 4-5 with a buddy on the lower Wilson Sunday. Hope that helps. We landed one hatchery fish and 3 natives. Yarn balls and jigs .

B
beaverfan
Very nice! Were they fresh fish or were they pretty dark?