Bethany Pond carp report!

M
mustardthetrout
Finally decided to give carp fishing a serious try. Headed to Bethany Pond and fished from around 2:00 in the afternoon till sunset. Lots of action, especially later in the day. I was fishing with two rods (both with corn as bait), one with a hair rig and one without. Caught a bunch of carp of all sorts of sizes on both rods. Also got some bluegill and catfish as well. All fish were released, and since I didn't have a carp mat, I just either used my jacket or a patch of soft grass. Great day fishing! I want to try boilies or prepared baits next, but haven't been able to find them at tackle stores. Does anyone here know where I can get some?

• IMG_1894.jpg
  • IMG_1899.jpg
  • unnamed (10).jpg
  • unnamed (12).jpg
Last edited by a moderator:
I
igquick
Congrats im jealous!

M
montym
Looks like you had a blast. Try bigcarptackle.Com.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

B
Big3d
I just moved near bethany a few months ago, nice to see fish like that in there!

bass
bass
Nice report! I have not fished Bethany in probably 5 years or so. Glad to see that the carp fishing is still good.

D
Denduran87
dang it i was just up that way too, should have thrown out a line. Nice job. Any one enlighten me on a "carp mat"?

M
MikePierce170
Denduran87 said:
dang it i was just up that way too, should have thrown out a line. Nice job. Any one enlighten me on a "carp mat"?

"carp mat" also known as dirt. :D

S
Surejam
MikePierce170 said:
"carp mat" also known as dirt. :D

Somehow I knew you would say something like that. :)

T
Thejigmaster
I have an extra one that you can have but it will take a couple weeks for my new one to arrive if it gets here sooner I will message you.

T
Thejigmaster
I make my own hair rigs.

S
Snopro
I've wondered if hair rigs could have broader applications than just carp. Some of the underwater video of carp spitting out hair rigs made me a believer in how picky they can be.