Bethany Lake (Pond)

G
GerbilManBoa
How is the fishing at Bethany Lake? Bethany Lake is Located at Bethany Lake Park at SW 185th Ave & SW West Union RD.

M
Moe
I dont know but i will find out tomorow I will be there all day...

G
GerbilManBoa
How was the fishing?

M
Moe
It was really bad. 5 hours of fishing and not even a bite. Wait till the spring and early summer.

G
GDBrown
Check the stocking schedule, I think they start putting fish in the pond in a few weeks. Looks like the first bunch will be put in the pond the week of March 15.

G
GerbilManBoa
Yeah I know. 1st stocking: March 14th 2nd Stocking: April 18th

B
beaverfan
It doesn't necessarily mean that date it means that it will be stocked that week, so make sure you call and check to verify that it's been stocked.

M
Moe
during the stockings I am at commonwealth

98nismo
Any reason for this? beat the crowds?

I was at Bethany last week and caught this carp? with no whiskers.... I had many other bites that I missed. this was on a double drop shot rig. with corn and a worm not sure which one he took. but wow this fish was so stuffed and chubby!
8ae3f08e.jpg

Last edited:
M
Moe
THat looks like a large scale sucker. didn't know they were in bethany. I just go to commonwealth because it just fishes better for me.

G
GerbilManBoa
It looks like a Grass Carp to me...

G
GerbilManBoa
Bethany lake works excellent for me, there are some nice largemouth bass in there. But I suppose I could try commonwealth. I'll do that sometime.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
When the water at Commonwealth is right - it'll outfish Bethany for carp hands down. Bethany needs dredged again, especially near the dam. Toooooo much weed growth in the summer - and it wouldn't hurt if, when/if the made it deeper, they added some rock to the bottom instead of the mud bottom that it is now. But that probably won't happen :(

G
GerbilManBoa
Great point! I certainly agree with that.

D
Drew9870
GerbilManBoa said:
It looks like a Grass Carp to me...

Moe got it. Maybe if a Grass Carp had a sucker mouth.

98nismo
Thats what I thought. but then i remembered the last sucker I caught was smooth skin and had colors like a holstein dairy cow.

I agree about the weed problem. Its hard to fish anything except bobber topwater or botom fishing in the summer

G
GerbilManBoa
I know! The weed problem is getting out of hand.

M
Moe
Right now commonwealth will have great carp action since it is so low. Bass fishing there sucks though any time of year there. it used to be better is what I hear but this guy I met over there keeps all the bass he catches there. Someone told me he single handedly destroyed the bass population.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Sounds like maybe the OBPF needs to get involved and get the regs changed for commonwealth - I know they have permission to stock that water with warm water fish - I can't think they'd be terribly with some jackwit cleaning out all the fish like that. Why can't he keep some of the carp and let the others grow even bigger...

G
GerbilManBoa
You just hit the nail on the head! Great Point!