Beta testing for Rooste tail lites

troutdude
troutdude
I'm going to be receiving some Rooster Tail Lites soon, from the Yakima Bait Company. They have a different style blade, than original Rooster Tails do. They are supposed to spin in slack water, without having to tug on them first (which only sometimes gets the blades on the original models to spin).

I will try them out, and then report back to WBC. But, have any of you already tried the "Lites"? If so, please let us know what you think of them.

Many thanks.

UPDATE:

I've just received a package of the new Rooster Tail Lites, w/ UV coated blades. These new Rooster Tails are designed to spin correctly in slack water. As soon as I get a chance to actually Beta test them in the water, I'll post another update.

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds like they ae trying to fix the problem. Hope they work.

troutdude
troutdude
Maybe so. I believe that my contact said that it is a new product line.

I'll post my report, once I get time to try them.

P.S. I don't think that it was very wise at all--on their part--to not think about this many years ago. The original Rooster's were ONLY designed to work in fast moving water. I think that they have frustrated a lot of peeps, by NOT making a style for slow/slack/lake water too. They have missed out on a TON of additional sales revenue, by missing that proverbial boat.

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
I have a hard time getting them to troll right.

G
GDBrown
Trolling Roostertails

Trolling Roostertails

Thuggin4Life said:
I have a hard time getting them to troll right.

I solved the problem for me by adding to the head of the feathers with some more fly tying thread. It gets the blade up higher on the wire and away from the feathers. I believe their problem originates with the blade being trapped by the feathers during the cast.

C
cookshot
Sounds like a good move to me too, I think I have still seen more species of fish caught on a rooster tail than anything else. Is this a promotional deal? Or do you know someone in the company?

troutdude
troutdude
I have a contact at the company; and he is sending me some to try.