Best/Worst Day ever

T
Troutier Bassier
I was at salish ponds today.... I was fihsing with 3 friends and a dad. there were about 100 people there. Not very crowded but you can find a spot. A truck pulled in a stocked the place with about 300 trophy/leagal sized trout and they let you cast when they were letting them go. so i was csting and hooked one. I yanked REALLY hard and it spit it out right before I yanked so then As I yanked the spinner got stuck in my back. Later I found it it was in my skin.:( I passed out for about 3 seconeds and got back up. I had to go home and my dad had to pull the hook out with some plyers and it was terrible. I was sceaming and crying all while he was doing it. Eventually he got it out. And then I called my friends who were still there and they said that they caught about 7 each! The pulling out the hook thing was terrible and I can't go fishing for a few months. so there you have it.

p.s Im 12 Years old. :(

M
metalmania
Aw man I know your pain. I to have hooked up myself while unhooking a snag or jerkin a topwater spinner to hard. I nearly lost an eye after a snag came loose and hit me in the face.

M
mgdguy
Troutier Bassier said:
I was at salish ponds today.... I was fihsing with 3 friends and a dad. there were about 100 people there. Not very crowded but you can find a spot. A truck pulled in a stocked the place with about 300 trophy/leagal sized trout and they let you cast when they were letting them go. so i was csting and hooked one. I yanked REALLY hard and it spit it out right before I yanked so then As I yanked the spinner got stuck in my back. Later I found it it was in my skin.:( I passed out for about 3 seconeds and got back up. I had to go home and my dad had to pull the hook out with some plyers and it was terrible. I was sceaming and crying all while he was doing it. Eventually he got it out. And then I called my friends who were still there and they said that they caught about 7 each! The pulling out the hook thing was terrible and I can't go fishing for a few months. so there you have it.

OUCH! Sorry to hear it :(

T
Troutier Bassier
This is why i am afriad of snags when you pull them out and they are 3 feet away from you in the water.... I ge scared. But anywas Im going again on june 1st appx

18406ej
18406ej
Glad you are going out again, but sorry you were hurt.

F
FishSlayer420
AH bet that felt good. I watched one of my buddies hook my other buddy clean in the arm it pulled drag when it snagged in there. Sorry about your pain bud. get out there as soon as you can. FISH ON!

F
FishSchooler
That sucks... especially for wees like you and mee... :( I once got a staple into my thump so deep, you could see a little hole/silver dot under my nail. :(:shock:

You could try using braid. It doesn't stretch, so it won't slingshot back at ya.

P
PDXKush
Sorry little buddy. Just remember what doesn't kill you will you make you stronger :) And you'll have a cool story and scar to show your girlfriends when you get older. Get some rest and dont be afraid. Get out there asap and do it again. Good luck recovering champ.

S
Scarecro
LOL. :clap:

hey at least you didn't fall into the water.

Get back out there and try again.

F
FishSchooler
PDXKush said:
Sorry little buddy. Just remember what doesn't kill you will you make you stronger :) And you'll have a cool story and scar to show your girlfriends when you get older. Get some rest and dont be afraid. Get out there asap and do it again. Good luck recovering champ.

Don't give him ideas, he might start scarring and bruising himself on purpose... :lol:

P
PDXKush
Those dang cutters....with their Black eye makeup and their dashboard confessional...Hopefully he's more imaginitave than that.

T
Troutier Bassier
Uhm yea im already scarred up. And I am luckey that i didn't fall into the water or else I wouldve died because I passed out Right next to the water but i fell the other way. And yeah ima try to get out there tomarrow morning.

p.s Do girls really like guys who are very.... Resistant?

O
oldhippie
Troutier Bassier said:

I've stuck myself quite a few times, it's never fun. Fishing is a dangerous job but someone has to do it! ;) I always wear sunglasses and a hat when I fish to protect my eyes and head and highly recommend it, particularly the sunglasses (you can wear the amber ones on cloudy days).

Somehow, I have the feeling you'll be out there again my friend.:)

T
Troutier Bassier
i did go out again. Limited out on trout. Caught about 17 and had to let some go. no pictures. Sorry but It was a great day.

F
FishSchooler
oldhippie said:
I've stuck myself quite a few times, it's never fun. Fishing is a dangerous job but someone has to do it! ;) I always wear sunglasses and a hat when I fish to protect my eyes and head and highly recommend it, particularly the sunglasses (you can wear the amber ones on cloudy days).

Somehow, I have the feeling you'll be out there again my friend.:)

Dont wear crappy glasses, cause if that glass shatters right in front of your eyes... say bye bye to your sight! I wear polarized sun glasses, given me protection and more fish-watching/seeing skibilties.

O
oldhippie
FishSchooler said:
Dont wear crappy glasses, cause if that glass shatters right in front of your eyes... say bye bye to your sight! I wear polarized sun glasses, given me protection and more fish-watching/seeing skibilties.

Good points! thanks for clarifying.

T
Troutier Bassier
HaHaHaHa . Very Painful!

M
mgdguy
Troutier Bassier said:
HaHaHaHa . Very Painful!

Ooooh! :shock: *cringe*

A
Anyfishisfine
Ouch! :shock:

I've had a lure come back and smack me between the eyes. They can be very dangerous.

P
PDXKush
Now that right there is Tough !!! That's one for the ages. I'm going to be a bit more careful when running spinners from here on. My hats off to you little brother.

Nice frigging hook set bye the way... There was no way that fish was spitting the hook.

200th Post !!

Last edited: