Best trolling lures for trout

D
dbarr50cal
Does anyone know of a better lure to troll than a brass spoon?

D
dude young
Everything you would cast and retrieve for trout, you can troll for trout.

My personal favorites have been Panther Martins, and Joe's Flies.

Good luck. Wleocme aboard. I am sure you'll find plenty of help here!

C
capblack
any lure that the fish are hitting is the best one. best thing to do is get as many as you can afford.......plus a couple just in case, then change it up, if your not having any luck, change them until you find one that works. It may not be the same from day to day. wedding rings seam to be a good all around for lakes. good luck, Brian

Troutski
Troutski
Crippler...

Crippler...

dbarr50cal said:

I like using the Crippler behind a mini sling blade. Great action on any lure...I do have a passion for Gold Spoons with embellishments. Tight lines

Chuck

T
Troutier Bassier
Rapala. Nuff Said.

T
trollin4trout
dbarr50cal said:

Well, my brass spoons almost never work for me! I like Needlefish a lot- the color choice changes -lake to lake- and trip to trip. Orange and white seems to work consistently at Detroit. Or just silver.

Woolly buggers with one split shot or on the downrigger would be my second choice- black, brown, olive, yellow are my favs. Sometimes with a small dodger wakes'em up.

The more people you fish with- the more different and successful methods you'll hear about. I'd say bottom line is- trout will hit most anything!

Jim

G
godsyougfisherman
ive heard that if u troll a worm with no hardware just the worm and hook. i havnt tried it yet tho. i will this weekend

H
halibuthitman
although I don't use them.. and almost always troll rooster tails or much more elaborate hardware like plugs or flatfish.. I have not seen anything that can outfish the wee dick knights or standard size... I have never seen anything that universaly fishes every lake.. every trout species, and every style of trolling so well. And T.B what is this nuhf said crap? post a picture of your tackle box, down riggers and boat... hmmm enough said?

N
nwkiller
if no one has said wedding rings.....i will........ah..wedding rings

N
nwkiller
damn, brian did say it......pink wedding ring!!!