Best rooster tail size

R
ReelDeal
1/6 or 1/4 ?

A
adambomb
Neither, go with panther martin's in #2 and #4. Just my opinion..

troutdude
troutdude
It all depends on how far you want to cast, and how deep you want to fish...no matter what type of spinner you are using.

S
SmallStreams
What troutdude said. Plus it's amazing how small of a trout you will still catch with a 1/4" lure... 3" trout can still wrap their jaws around that treble hook!

troutdude
troutdude
I also forgot to mention the cardinal rule of spinner fishing. If you don't lose a few on each trip, then you aren't fishing them correctly.

In other words, the slower the spin, the deadlier the effect. You will be down where the fish are, but you will also snag your hooks from time to time and lose the spinner. So, carry plenty of spinners is the motto; at least if you want to catch a lot more fish!

T
Throbbit _Shane
adambomb said:
Neither, go with panther martin's in #2 and #4. Just my opinion..

I agree with this man :D

troutdude said:
I also forgot to mention the cardinal rule of spinner fishing. If you don't lose a few on each trip, then you aren't fishing them correctly.

In other words, the slower the spin, the deadlier the effect. You will be down where the fish are, but you will also snag your hooks from time to time and lose the spinner. So, carry plenty of spinners is the motto; at least if you want to catch a lot more fish!

Last friday i was fishing and had fish on my bait rod so i reeled in my spinner extremely fast and got a double :)

Troutski
Troutski
One size bigger

One size bigger

ReelDeal said:
1/6 or 1/4 ?

One size larger than you think...these lures are great right out of the box. I perfer the Salmon Fly color in 1/4 oz. but this is my opinion. There are ton of lures that work, the only thing like was said before...go slow and deep to catch fish.
This is why most spinner anglers build there own...34 cents per unit is easyer to stomach than 1.99 each;)

Tight lines.

Chuck

troutdude
troutdude
X 2!