Best place for fishing gear?

S
Swamp Puppy
Heading out this week to stock up on a few items i am going to need for fall fish as well as a few things to augment my tackle supply for other things.

specifically, looking to get some Alvins, U-20 and K-14 Kwiks, maybe some (more) spinners and some larger sized weights (16oz range). I also need to pick up an inexpensive fish/depth finder and an anchor puller (yarding my anchor out of 30-40ft of water by hand is getting old in a hurry) I was planning on heading out to Bob's in longview as they are the closest place to me, but is there a better option for a 1-stop trip?

been out to sportsmans probably 20 times, but never looked through their fishing gear. Fisherman's in delta park might be worth a drive for me as well.

O
osmosis
fishermans stocks everything you listed, its just a matter of if the popular wobbler colors are all sold out. Might call ahead and ask.
bobs should have a lot of it as well.

Reactions: Swamp Puppy
Irishrover
Irishrover
I shop at Fishermans often. But if I don't want to make the drive to Oregon City I'll stop in at Bi Mart in Sandy. If you have one in St Helens you might check them out. If I have time I get out my Cabelas books and make a list. I order my chain swivels, beads, hooks, and divers from them. It's like Christmas when the package arrives. ;)

S
Swamp Puppy
no bimart in st helens, but one here in hillsboro not far from work. might check them out on a lunch break one of these days.

T
Troutier Bassier
The old location of Joes in Gresham is being replaced by what store????

Dicks Sporting Goods.

Im Excited!!!

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
The old location of Joes in Gresham is being replaced by what store????

Dicks Sporting Goods.

Im Excited!!!

WHAT?! That's awesome! I hope this Joe's is getting replaced by a DSG, they already started construction I think.

B
beaverfan
There are quite a few Dick's going in. The Lake Oswego store IS opening as Dick's! I think it was 9 stores in total that they are opening. I will try to find the news release.

Ok it's 6 stores not nine, but still cool. Here's a copy and paste from an article. I wasn't aware of the managers trying to open new G.I. Joe's stores. That would have been even better!

"Dick's Sporting Goods Inc., which has nearly 400 stores in 39 states, currently has only one Oregon location, in Tigard. The new stores--in Gresham, Tualatin, Hillsboro, Salem, Eugene and Bend--go on-line this fall.

"With some real estate that's become available, we've been able to execute the beginning of our strategy much more quickly than we anticipated," said Jeff Hennion, executive vice president of the company, which also owns the 91-store Golf Galaxy chain and 13 Chick's Sporting Goods stores.

But Dick's plans also ended a months-long effort by a group of former Joe's managers who were looking at same six spaces to resurrect them as G.I. Joe's--the sporting goods chain's name when it was founded in 1952."

Last edited:
T
Troutier Bassier
Theres one coming in Lake Oswego Too!

F
FishSchooler
beaverfan said:
there are quite a few dick's going in. The lake oswego store is opening as dick's! I think it was 9 stores in total that they are opening. I will try to find the news release.

yeah! Alright!

F
fishtales
I'm pretty sure it is only 8 right now. It looks like they are planning for another three locations making it a total of 11 stores in Oregon.