Best LMB tackle shop in Eugene?

T
Texas Basser
I stopped by Walmart today and was pretty disappointed in their lack of LBM tackle. I'm not sure if their stocking will change as summer rolls around. I suspect that Cabelas will have a good selection once it's opened. Are there any other good tackle shops in the Eugene area?

T
Thuggin4Life
wow i didn't even know 2bros retired. great shop hope mazamas can live up to there standards. better get in there if they aquired the inventory, 2bros had a lot of bass gear you dont see in other stores. walmart has been downsizing there fishing gear. hard to even find anything you need there anymore. bimart has the old walmart size when it comes to selection. dicks has some decent gear. 2bros was a great shop and i never went to mazamas because it was at the mall. orrt is a great shop but not really geared for bass but there is some stuff there, more trout salmon steel but a great shop. off course cabelas but still gotta support the local buissness.

F
Finneus Polebender
Tacklewarehouse .com my friend Mazama , Cabella , Dicks , and 2 bros put together couldnt come close to their inventory , with free shipping on orders over 50 bones and being out of Cali ground ship is here in days , and the prices are tough to beat.

T
Texas Basser
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out the new Mazamas and Bi-Mart.

T
Texas Basser
Another online outdoor/tackle website... This one of the best places in TX for good quality gear that wont break the bank... Not sure about shipping length - im guessing 5 days ground

Academy - Academy Home

K
Kevinb5688
Bi- mart is about as bad as wal-mart, and very expensive. Ya 2- bros ( no mazamas) is amazing. Trust me they have enough to keep the best of bass anglers happy and have fair prices. I was just in there yesterday and the new owner said hes keeping all of the bass gear the same, that made me happy because the mazamas at valley river didn't have much at all. I agree though, if you know what you want tacklewharehouse.com is the best. But i like hands on visual for new bait choices

T
Texas Basser
I'll be swinging by 2bros/mazamas this week.

K
Kevinb5688
Texas Basser said:
I'll be swinging by 2bros/mazamas this week.

You check out mazamas yet?

T
Texas Basser
Not yet. My shcedule is pretty busy Mon-Thurs so I think i'll swing by either Friday night or Sat morning. All depends on when I end up going fishing.... For sure this week though!

Troutski
Troutski
Cabelas opens tomorrow....although they are in Springfield...

Chuck

T
Texas Basser
Went to the new Mazamas today. Picked up some senkos, flukes, brush hogs, gama. hooks, and a top water popper for about $20. Pretty good selection with fair prices. The guys working there were very helpfull and willing to order items not in stock (with free shipping).

F
Finneus Polebender
Texas Basser said:
Went to the new Mazamas today. Picked up some senkos, flukes, brush hogs, gama. hooks, and a top water popper for about $20. Pretty good selection with fair prices. The guys working there were very helpfull and willing to order items not in stock (with free shipping).

Havent been in since it changed will have to check it out again . Gonna check out Cabelas tomorrow will let ya know how the selection looks.

T
Texas Basser
Oh I forgot to mention another thing about mazamas. One of the guys working there said they would be stocking much more bassin' gear once their through the transition.

F
Finneus Polebender
Texas Basser said:
Oh I forgot to mention another thing about mazamas. One of the guys working there said they would be stocking much more bassin' gear once their through the transition.

When it originally opened as 2 bros they had a ton of stuff you could only find there or on the net , but as the economy wavered think it hit em hard and the stock just never seemed to get replaced. Hopefully things will turn around and the new owners will try to stock more hard to find stuff . That is where the online guys have had a bit of an edge.