Best fishing spots in the Portland metro area

G

GerbilManBoa

Post the best fishing spots in the Portland Metro Area within the last 2 weeks here. I'm planning to fish soon and I would like to know where the best fishing spots are. Thanks

B

beaverfan

Ummm what kind of fish do you want to fish for? From bank or boat? Steelhead fishing should be picking up with this last little bit of rain.

H

halibuthitman

hmmm its like dejavu all over again..... pretty sure there are at least 2 threads in the archives with this EXACT same title-

G

GungasUncle

Pretty tall order there - and you probably won't get the best spots - aside from very general areas. Can't make it too easy - you've got to be willing to do some leg work yourself.

There's lots of bank access on the Sandy and Clackamas rivers - there's a crap-ton of bank access on the Columbia. Then there's plenty of lakes and ponds currently open to fishing - the ponds along I-84. Salish Ponds. The lakes up on Mt. Hood. The Deschutes River on the other side of the mountain has great trout and steelhead fishing. You can head south and fish the McKenzie, the Santiam, or the upper Willamette.

You can go fish Meldrum Bar, or Mary S. Young Park...

Good luck :)

G

GerbilManBoa

Pretty tall order there - and you probably won't get the best spots - aside from very general areas. Can't make it too easy - you've got to be willing to do some leg work yourself.

There's lots of bank access on the Sandy and Clackamas rivers - there's a crap-ton of bank access on the Columbia. Then there's plenty of lakes and ponds currently open to fishing - the ponds along I-84. Salish Ponds. The lakes up on Mt. Hood. The Deschutes River on the other side of the mountain has great trout and steelhead fishing. You can head south and fish the McKenzie, the Santiam, or the upper Willamette.

You can go fish Meldrum Bar, or Mary S. Young Park...

Good luck :)

I always avoid the Willamette river, Multnolmah Channel, Tualatin River and Smith & Bybee Lakes because of thier ETREMLEY high pollution levels.

C

ChezJfrey

I always avoid the Willamette river, Multnolmah Channel, Tualatin River and Smith & Bybee Lakes because of thier ETREMLEY high pollution levels.

Hmmm, and in an interesting catch-22, those you mention are the exact best fishing spots in the Portland Metro area within the last two weeks.

brandon4455

brandon4455

somthing seems kinda fishy here..

G

GerbilManBoa

What about Scappoose Bay? Any good fishing there? I know it's polluted but it's better then those places. So does anyone know how the fishing is going there?

B

beaverfan

H

halibuthitman

What about Scappoose Bay? Any good fishing there? I know it's polluted but it's better then those places. So does anyone know how the fishing is going there?

the native steelhead are begining to stack at the head of the bay to run into scappoose creek, fish the shallow grassy areas and the back water that is the long way around to vernonia pond.

G

GungasUncle

You didn't say you intended to eat what you catch :) What's a little PCB, Mercury, Dioxin, or uranium anyway? That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? XD