Best bet this time of year

T
tetontrouthunter
Just got into Portland. Trying to come up with a plan for tomorrow. thinking of Eagal creek but not 100% sure on the access also thinking of heading to the coast. any info would be great. I will be fly fishing,the fish don't have to be fres.Jjust looking to explore and don't mind hiking for it ether.

Y
youngbuck307
hatch at EC will have dark fish for sure but bet they will be way dark lots of holes and places to get away up there though

M
metalmania
I'd head for the coast. Eagle Creek has some but mostly what you'll find are spawning fish in the shallows. If your fly fishing you'll have an extremly tough time getting coho to rise to a fly.

M
Mike123
Duck and Goose hunting.. wait for steelhead. :lol:

I'd roll to the coast... better chance for higher quality of fish. IMO.

H
here2fish
hmmmmm Costco....

but really, I would say go west. That's where I think I'm heading tomorrow.

Y
youngbuck307
going there sat tell me how you do here2fish what river you hitting??

H
here2fish
youngbuck307 said:
going there sat tell me how you do here2fish what river you hitting??

I hit the Wilson, started at the big narrows and worked my way down to tidewater. Struck out and so did everyone else I saw. The river was a bit high but the color was good
Sorry I didn't get back to ya before you went yb, computer died, finally got on OFF with phone

Last edited:
G
ghostcow
Also hit Wilson, a little bit higher up, Jones creek? down to mile marker 19ish. One little 3 inch fish caught my 3 inch bluefox, and then did catch one decent one. He did 2 good jumps for me. Not much else and was a wee bit chilly and wet out there!
Cheers.

T
tetontrouthunter
one steelhead

one steelhead

well it has been a slow four days of fishing. Landed a native Steelhead on the first afternon at dodge park on the sandy. been fishing Oxbow, Dodge ,and the hatchery on the sandy. have been getting a bunch of white fish. spent fri on the Wilson and water was moving pretty fast for the fly rods. Not sure if there just are not many fish in the river or if im doing somthing wrong will keep pluging away at them.

Y
youngbuck307
lol i have been told the wilson is normaly really good this time of yea a lil mix of everything in there at this time. But this year has been really slow for them... i dont know but i didn't get any thing on our trip might hit anouther coastal river tuesday