Best bank fishing for salmon around Oregon City?

A
AndSand
I'm planning a day trip for Spring Chinook fishing around Oregon City. Either on thursday or friday. What would be the best spots for bank fishing right now? Any advice on tackle that works well right now would be highly appreciated as well.

Thanks!

B
Big3d
I haven't been that direction in a while, but I would recommend Meldrum if it isn't too packed, you can go around the corner into the clackamas river too. I don't think I'd go any further that riverside, but ai'm not a salmon guru either. Meldrum is a basic plunked spin n glo rig. My buddy throws spinners with some good success in the clackamas.

B
BaldTexan
Don't forget it's "barbless" on the Willamette and Clackamas west of 99. They've been known to check out there. Some of the old guys plunk with a plug on a slider at Meldrums when the water warms up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
SailCat
My contact at Fishermen's Marine told me today that some of the bank fishers are catching springers by throwing Blue Fox (!) spinners in the OC area.

D
DrTheopolis
I haven't been able to get out lately, but I'd be surprised if even in the low water there aren't fish all the way up to Carver. Definitely up to Riverside (if there isn't 100 people and dogs swimming).

A
AndSand
Thanks for the recommendations! Decided to head up there in two days from Eugene.
Will try my luck with Spin-n-Glos and spinners at whatever good bank spots I can find around there.

Any good tackle shops in the area that would have good info on where the best bets for salmon would be for the day?

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
Fishermans is right across the street. Good Luck

A
AndSand
Had a nice day in OC. Not a lot of action in the Willamette or the beginning of the Clackamas but lots of people out on the banks and in boats. Saw a couple of people catching bass but no Chinook in sight.
Thanks for the recommendations. Would definitely head up there again given the opportunity.