Best bait for Bass this time of year?

A
Ariel&Jared12
We usually fish for Trout but we want to switch it up a little and try Bass fishing. Does anybody know what the best kind of Bait or Jigs should be used this time of year for Bass? We looked up some information and what came up was mainly Tubes and Jerkbait.

:think:

S
Slick
I like to search for them with a lipless crankbait such as a Rattle Trap as you can cover a lot of water very quickly with it. When you find some, fish the area with the crank. When they quit biting it switch to plastics to get the shy ones.

Last edited:
B
Bad Tuna
Hard to beat a whole night crawler Carolina rigged.

H
Hawk
The big HAWGS like to hit on a pretty girl, dangling her toes in the water.
hahahaha
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:clap::clap::clap:
:cool:

A
Ariel&Jared12
Slick said:
I like to search for them with a lipless crankbait such as a Rattle Trap as you can cover a lot of water very quickly with it. When you find some, fish the area with the crank. When they quit biting it switch to plastics to get the shy ones.

What do you mean by plastics? Plastic fish? Also, we have a vibrating bass lure that's silver &blue. Would that work? It doesn't have the plastic lip/beak looking thing on it.

A
Ariel&Jared12
Bad Tuna said:
Hard to beat a whole night crawler Carolina rigged.

We have two carton's of Nightcrawlers in the fridge. Looks like we'll be bringing them with us! Thank you!

A
Ariel&Jared12
A lot of lure's for Bass, Jared got from his Grandpa before he passed away. We just put them in our tackle box to hopefully put them to use. Would any of them work? Whether it be for this time of year or when the water is warmer or never? Lol.

Rat
Long plastic fish
Rubber minnow that's blue/yellow/green (it swims in the water)
Cleo's
Kastmaster
Vance Spoon that's gold with pink dots
Vibrating plastic fish that's chrome and blue
We have lots of different colored plastic worms as well as some rubber crawdad/crayfish.

Again, we're new at this so don't mind some of our questions that are probably considered "stupid" questions, haha. We're just trying to understand what we have that is good to use and when.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Id save the cleos for steelhead!

brandon4455
brandon4455
plastics like senkos, brush hogs,other creature baits all the soft stuff. i like to use them weedless with no weight or a 1/4oz sinker. i cast near the bank where the water gradually gets deper and i just let it sink and watch my line. i have caught a lot of bass on little cleos in lakes that have a lot of trout and tributaries. just cast and retrieve. ive also got some 2-3lbers on bigger sized kastmasters in blue/chrome. spinnerbaits fished slowly along the weedlines and near drop offs and stucture works well too. dont overlook topwater when the temp hits around 70 or so. poppers and buzzbaits. hell yeah!

Last edited: