Berkley Steelhead worm

J
Jmiddlestadt
just watched this on YouTube. Buzz Ramsey in action!

pretty cool video, i think i might give it a shot tomarrow......

has anyone had any luck using these worms?

N
nointrntrprts
havent used those particular worms, but have used the pink worms and rig em just like ramsey does.

that vid seems like a info-mercial didn't it? i still like to watch steelhead being caught.... good footage under water too.

J
Jmiddlestadt
haha yeah, i think it was sales thing for sure! like you said though, great footage! How did you do with the worms? i'm getting in to Jig fishing, gonna try and perfect that this year. do you run it the same?

C
chris61182
Oh I'd say it was definitely 100% advertising...

YouTube - berkleyfishing08's Videos

... and I'm ok with that :D . Most advertising doesn't work on me, but this type of advertising has a positive affect on me, there's definitely no better way of convincing me I need their product than to show me it working in a way that I would be using it.

N
nointrntrprts
rig it..

rig it..

i rig it the same as in that video. i prefer the shorter ones for jigs - keep a white marabough tied tight to the neck, keeps room for the worm - push the worm right up against it and it really helps to make the marabough stand out at the front of the worm. only allow no more than 2" of the worm to trail behind the bend in the hook. this helps with "short strikes" - the fish only hitting just shy of the hook itself, i'd say 3" max and for my preference thats too long.

gotta get me an underwater vid cam..... would love to get some footage myself like the footage they put on that linkl

fish on!!!

J
JTLunker
Well that is all I needed to see as well. I have been pondering using the pink worm under my bobberfor a few days now. I will be getting some for next trip I go on. Thanks for the vid! and thanks for the tip norpts that is big help.

Last edited:
J
Jmiddlestadt
Fish On!!!!!

Fish On!!!!!

So i ended up going to the Alsea thismorning due to faulty trailer harness wiring......ended up being a good thing!!!:D

Caught my FIRST Steelhead:dance: :dance:

I was at the Bridge hole, using a purple and pink maribu jig. I was the only one there, no net, wasn't wearing my gloves haha....and on the Seconed cast.....BOBBER DOWN, FISH ON!!!!! :shock: Man what a rush....I am HOOKED! Will post pictures as soon as i can get them on the Computer. And after i get some sleep....been up since 8:00am yesterday HAHA

Now to pick up some of those Berkley worms, and try it with the white jig!

Will post more details about the conditions at the Alsea if any one is interested or headed that way!!!

:D :D :dance: :dance:

I'm am STOKED!

N
nointrntrprts
Right On!!!

Right On!!!

good job on your first - will be a very memorable moment.

i can still see the first one i caught in my head like a video on replay - over n over when i think about it.

again good job man..... gotta be stoked. :clap:

J
JTLunker
Alright man! Good work! I caught my first this winter as well. What an experiance! Can't wait to see your pics!

H
halibuthitman
it is a comercial, Buzz is a Berkley pro staffer, as for the pink worm... a steelhead will bite anything, especially a pink worm.. try the black senkos on an overcast or rainy day.. same results

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Yeah,I know it's a commercial and today I would have gotten out the "Super Cyber Blaster" and taken aim IF it weren't for the fact that it was posted by a member who isn't affiliated with Berkley. Besides,I learned about how to rig the purdy pink worm...head down,not up. I honestly did not consider the black senkos,thanks!