Benson bow

A
alm21
Over the weekend, I asked my daughter if she wanted to go fishing. I was really busy but itching really bad to get the line wet. Sunday afternoon was the only opening and when it rolled around, the weather was crummy and I was spent. However, my daughter was fired up so we went and hit Benson Lake for some bank fishing. We had a fair number of missed bites but ended up pulling this stocker out. Good time fishing but always a great time when spent with my kids.

BensonLake51511.jpg

Reactions: waco
K
Kage
nice one, i haven't been able to catch a thing at benson except for the day i went there as it was being stocked haha, THAT was a good day :D i was there sunday as well, left around 2 or 3 though on the side w/ the docks.

A
alm21
Kage said:
nice one, i haven't been able to catch a thing at benson except for the day i went there as it was being stocked haha, THAT was a good day :D i was there sunday as well, left around 2 or 3 though on the side w/ the docks.

Ah, we were there at the same time. We fished the railroad side off the steep banks. Hadn't fished this lake before but that looked like it may be deeper than the park area so we settled in. Used nothing fancy, just power bait off the bottom.

K
Kage
i'm still new to freshwater fishing so i'm learnin as i go. i've fished off the railroad side but never had a bite. fished there w/ vibrax lures and bobbers w/ powerbait and worms but nothing. caught fish on the dock side usin those same vibrax lures but that was on the fish stocking day. maybe we'll meet up again and can fish again together haha

A
alm21
Kage said:
i'm still new to freshwater fishing so i'm learnin as i go. i've fished off the railroad side but never had a bite. fished there w/ vibrax lures and bobbers w/ powerbait and worms but nothing. caught fish on the dock side usin those same vibrax lures but that was on the fish stocking day. maybe we'll meet up again and can fish again together haha

If you were fishing the water with the docks then I think you were fishing Hartman Pond (West pond - both in the Benson State Park). Benson Lake is the one on the East side of the park closet to Multnomah Falls. Hartman Pond was stocked with 1750 fish and Benson stocked with 4000 which is why I targeted Benson. I noticed more people fishing Hartman when we arrived.

K
Kage
ah i realized that when i actually read the sign on sunday, i still refer to it as benson lake but i suppose i should correct myself now. that's our usual spot to fish since we had no luck at benson but i'm gettin more confident in my skills now that i have a bit more knowledge to work with.

H
Hawk
She's a reel Beauty.
Well Done Sis.
:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:dance::dance:
:cool::cool:

M
Marvin's Guide Service
Great to see kids fishing. look like she had a great time.

Reactions: waco
T
Thuggin4Life
Pretty fish!