Being out of town isn't so bad after all

F
Finneus Polebender
Went back to work in Hood river and the Dalles again this week. Ive been goin there for about the last month and a half or so. Once again I get the beautiful last leg through the gorge my eyes drifting right at every sighting of the still waters on the south side of 84. The day finally wound to an end , the first very nice day wed had warm and less than 40 mph winds. I never leave home without my gear so off I went . I drove eyes on the southside waters when there it was movement on the water . Found my way down as close as i could get and actually found a very well preped entry down to the waters. Started with ol faithfull for 30 minutes ,had a hard time adjustin to the bank fishin no luck. went to my # 1 bench player . on my third cast as my spinner bait came into view and grabbed some weeds ,I gave a quick jerk freeing the spinner . The lure traveled another foot and 6 ft in front of me fish, "pics 1-3" comes out and I watch it hammer the spinner bait . it was on !this time I was ready 20 lb braid made it no contest and the photo session got started. Got her back quick and shook off the adrenaline with a couple loud booyahs and proceeded to beat the bank where ever I could. 45 min went by it was bout half hour to sunset and just like the first one 5-6 ft in front of me another shark attack fish "pics 4-6". I do believe she was right around 6lbs and my second largest bass ever caught . Took a quick break I was tingling , fished her till dark no more but can't complain. Not gonna say exactly where it was , but it dont matter there are literally 20-30 of these very same types of waters between Portland and the Dalles. So now ya know what be in those innocent lookin side waters. Oh and by the way all the fish that were movin ,2-4 lb smallies gettin something on top,I will have to learn how to fish them! The bass are on the beds up there , you know Im gonna be fishin hard now!

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
I wouldnt get homesick with fishing like that,,,,excellent work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Troutski
Troutski
Sweet, nice break from the norm....you can't see it in the pictures but I bet there was a huge smile along with those magnificent fish. Thanks for sharing....:clap::clap::clap:

Chuck

B
beaverfan
If you go back to the area consider fishing Hood River for Steelhead. I was reading online a week or two ago that the Steelhead run is peaking right now. I went out there about 2 weeks ago and got one dark buck to the bank and missed two other fish.

PM me for details on where I fished.

F
Finneus Polebender
beaverfan said:
If you go back to the area consider fishing Hood River for Steelhead. I was reading online a week or two ago that the Steelhead run is peaking right now. I went out there about 2 weeks ago and got one dark buck to the bank and missed two other fish.

PM me for details on where I fished.

I will need much more help than that when it comes to the steelies You are right though it is no big deal to see 20-25 rigs stacked up right now at the local holes . sat at the park one night and watched a bankload of fisherman enjoying good sucsess. Will take any advise you got though pm if ya will.

F
Finneus Polebender
Troutski said:
Sweet, nice break from the norm....you can't see it in the pictures but I bet there was a huge smile along with those magnificent fish. Thanks for sharing....:clap::clap::clap:

Chuck

Ear to ear, you could have called me the cheshire cat!

F
Finneus Polebender
bigsteel said:
I wouldnt get homesick with fishing like that,,,,excellent work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am a very fortunate man and am always missin my girl the fishin do help ease the pain though!

T
TTFishon
Nice fish!!! I'm jealous dang it. I bet you wished you had your toon.

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
Nice fish!!! I'm jealous dang it. I bet you wished you had your toon.

It will top the cube van always now! like yeah could have maybe pulled a half dozen with it. What do ya mean jealous, remember" we fish together" and I know where its at . Can only imagine what you or Riverfisher might pull out of there . He is already plotting a weekend in the gorge.

Last edited:
H
Hawk
Both are Beautiful.

Great Job Bro.

:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool::cool:

N
nwkiller
wow, nice hawgs man

T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
It will top the cube van always now! like yeah could have maybe pulled a half dozen with it. What do ya mean jealous, remember" we fish together" and I know where its at . Can only imagine what you or Riverfisher might pull out of there . He is already plotting a weekend in the gorge.

Yeah, you know what I mean. Jealous in that I'm happy for ya, can't wait til I catch one jealous. I can't wait for this weekend and I can't wait for next weekend. Gotta love this time of year.

F
Finneus Polebender
Hawk said:
Both are Beautiful.

Great Job Bro.

:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool::cool:
thanks man xtra special when ya get to watch the whole thing

T
Thuggin4Life
Hey those are some nice looking fish man. I seen losts of good looking bas water driving up the gorge. Way to go.

J
Johnny Southpaw
Nicke HAWGS Polebender! Gotta love the visual attacks too! Good job!

F
Finneus Polebender
Johnny Southpaw said:
Nicke HAWGS Polebender! Gotta love the visual attacks too! Good job!

Thanks ,it was one of those days that remind you why you love to fish these brutes, and what keeps ya goin when the strikes arent there because you know the next cast could be the one.

F
Finneus Polebender
nwkiller said:
wow, nice hawgs man

Thanks ,man am more the persistance guy than the "lucky " one. Put in a lot of water time for the bass here locally. You want to fish em I am a pm away.

F
Finneus Polebender
Thuggin4Life said:
Hey those are some nice looking fish man. I seen losts of good looking bas water driving up the gorge. Way to go.

Imediately my mind said and there are a multitude of these holes bet most hold the same!

F
Finneus Polebender
looks like i may be back here by the time the weather breaks again Cmon spring where ya be?

B
Basser@Heart
If you go hit them again, PM me and I'll join ya! I live in NE Pdx so not far at all.