Bed fishing

B
Bass addict
The time is here! Bass are moving into the shallows and getting ready to make some love. Whats everyones favorite bed bait? Mine would have to be a white craw or a beaver style bait.

C
catphish
craw or a t.r.d. rigged sennko

Golfbum
Golfbum
drop shot or Ned rig

G
govallis
Couple days ago got 3 with Texas Dinger and wakcy senko.

tbrinks
tbrinks
Drop-shot for sure. Makes it easy to drop and raise the bait. Caught this one the other day.

Screen-Shot-2018-05-11-at-4.07.41-PM.png

I've been focusing on shallow flats I find with my Navionics app and they are just starting to move up around here.

unnamed.jpg

Reactions: PursuitFishing
P
PursuitFishing
I had success using a 4" Yellow lizard on the Umpqua. Also used an orange Fatty Z and bright colored Ned rig. Basically anything bright, so you can see it disappear when the bass takes it. Obviously this is when sight fishing the bed.

Golfbum
Golfbum
5/17 Ned Rig Willamette Smallies, 2 lb 12 oz.

Reactions: PursuitFishing
H
HookerT
I hit three today using a 4in Chartres grub...all in shallow water two smallies and one largemouth in a matter of an hour Fish On!

SirCastAlot
SirCastAlot
Pulled a very stubborn 3 pounder off a bed yesterday with a black steelhead jig with a green w/ black fleck dubtail trailer. I was maybe 3 feet from him but he wouldnt leave no matter what. Took about 5 minutes of aggravating him before he hit but he took it up.

Reactions: Aervax
W
wils
I made a deal with bass: they don't bother me while I'm spawning and I wont bother them.

Reactions: Bake
Bake
Bake
wils said:
I made a deal with bass: they don't bother me while I'm spawning and I wont bother them.
You got my vote!!!

Golfbum
Golfbum
Catch and release spawners

Reactions: Bake
Bake
Bake
Found this my notebook for LGM Bass fishing in the '80s.

During the spawn, both the males & females are in pretty bad shape. The females will be resting in deeper water trying to get her strength back, and the males will be guarding the nest, and will not eat.