Bear hunting report

F
fishtales
I went bear hunting today. Was up at 3:45 and was at the area around 6:20am and up on the ridge with in the hour. Hiked close to 9 miles total with the last mile being on the main road going back to the truck. No luck finding a bear. It was not a bad day over all. Saw a bit of wildlife and there was not much rain to report. The fog was chasing us early on in the morning but it cleared up. Looking forward to the next time I get out to hunt but I think I will be fishing in the more near future.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Do you eat bear meat? I've never had it and have no idea what it tastes like or how one would prepare it...sounds like a dangerous game to hunt. Be careful and be safe out there, especially by yourself! :hi:

F
fishtales
Raincatcher said:
Do you eat bear meat? I've never had it and have no idea what it tastes like or how one would prepare it...sounds like a dangerous game to hunt. Be careful and be safe out there, especially by yourself! :hi:

I neever tried bear but I am not apposed to eating any game meat (especially if it was a survuaval sitation and I had to feed my fam). Yeah, going alone woudl be a bit dangerous. I'm glad my good friend joined up with me before heading out. We are ussually prety safety conscious, its the other wacos I worry about. :yikes:

J
JeannaJigs
Bear hunting report

Bear is one of those meats that can be an acquired taste. It depends on the season and what the bear has been eating (a bear feasting on berries is gonna taste better than a bear feasting on trash and carrion) as well as how it's prepared. Bear meat makes pretty good summer sausage though!!

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Like Jeanna said it has to do with what the bear has been eating and how it's prepared. I personally have tried very good bear and extremely poor bear.