Bear creek

T
the salmon kid
whats the deal with bear creek?, are you allowed to fish it?
cause i was at the expo and saw some old guy walking back there to the creek with his fishing pole and about an hour saw him walk away with a couple trout.:mad:
i checked the regs and bear creek is not in there so what the deal with it
i always thought that it was ill eagle to fish

what do you think is the deal?:think::think::think:

Last edited:
S
Spydeyrch
Where is Bear Creek located at?

-Spydey

T
the salmon kid
it is the out flow from immigrant lake and flows threw Medford and central point

C
Combat Chuck
I think its off limits, or at least it used to be.

S
Spydeyrch
the salmon kid said:
it is the out flow from immigrant lake and flows threw Medford and central point

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

-Spydey

S
Spydeyrch
according to the 2001 regs, it is closed all year for everything. It is highlighted in red color on the map. hope that helps.

-Spydey

T
the salmon kid
but there is absolutely nothing in the regs for it and there is not any signs saying that you can't fish it
im kinda confused if it was off limits then why is there nothing in the regulations saying that

brandon4455
brandon4455
next time you go catch a video of the guy and call the poacher hotline!!!

S
Spydeyrch
the salmon kid said:
but there is absolutely nothing in the regs for it and there is not any signs saying that you can't fish it
im kinda confused if it was off limits then why is there nothing in the regulations saying that

Actually there, is something in the regs about it. In the 2010 (sorry, I mentioned earlier that it was 2011, I meant 2010) it is on pg.37 of the full regs (the 15MB PDF version). It is the second map of the SW region, shows the bottom area of the SW zone. The creek is colored in red and according to the map legand, that means it is closed; no ifs, ands, or buts.

At least that is how I understand it. What do you think?

The other way you could think about it is that if it isn't mentioned in the zone special regs, then go to the zone general regs, and if it isn't there, then go to the state general regs.

C
colbypearson
Spydeyrch said:
Actually there, is something in the regs about it. In the 2010 (sorry, I mentioned earlier that it was 2011, I meant 2010) it is on pg.37 of the full regs (the 15MB PDF version). It is the second map of the SW region, shows the bottom area of the SW zone. The creek is colored in red and according to the map legand, that means it is closed; no ifs, ands, or buts.

At least that is how I understand it. What do you think?

The other way you could think about it is that if it isn't mentioned in the zone special regs, then go to the zone general regs, and if it isn't there, then go to the state general regs.

yep i have heard nothing other than restricted in any memory i have of it

brandon4455
brandon4455
yup, if it isn't listed then it has general sw zone regulations not any special .

S
Spydeyrch
But I think that it isn't listed under the waters section of the zone because on the map it is marked closed all year. So I just understand that as closed to all fish all year.

brandon4455
brandon4455
oh okay.

C
colbypearson
Spydeyrch said:
But I think that it isn't listed under the waters section of the zone because on the map it is marked closed all year. So I just understand that as closed to all fish all year.

im sure the guy probubly just thinks its his little secret, i personally wouldnt eat anything out of bear creek and i wouldnt encourage eating warm water species out of the expo ponds either just stocker trout..... bear creek from what i have heard is polluted in the lower waters through medford,central point and so on.... i would just report some people you have seen do it, i would be more worried about spawning salmon and steelhead when theyre in season to come up. they are a much more easy to target source of food or although sickening to most of us anglers fun even i have seen some people netting,snagging whatever it may be just catching bear creek salmon in the past, its wrong all i can say is call and ask for certain or report the guy, mostly by kids. i remember growing up on a creek (larson) i would spend lots of time in the water having fun but even at that age i knew to let salmon take theyre natural course of action it really sucks how some people work nowadays....

brandon4455
brandon4455
well then, salmon kid get that poaching ******next time you see him.

T
the salmon kid
ooh trust me i will

M
Mad dog
colbypearson said:
im sure the guy probubly just thinks its his little secret, i personally wouldnt eat anything out of bear creek and i wouldnt encourage eating warm water species out of the expo ponds either just stocker trout..... bear creek from what i have heard is polluted in the lower waters through medford,central point and so on.... i would just report some people you have seen do it, i would be more worried about spawning salmon and steelhead when theyre in season to come up. they are a much more easy to target source of food or although sickening to most of us anglers fun even i have seen some people netting,snagging whatever it may be just catching bear creek salmon in the past, its wrong all i can say is call and ask for certain or report the guy, mostly by kids. i remember growing up on a creek (larson) i would spend lots of time in the water having fun but even at that age i knew to let salmon take theyre natural course of action it really sucks how some people work nowadays....

No doubt!!! Do not even mess around Bear creek! Polluted for sure!

It is most deffinetely closed! Section 4 of the Rogue river regs., tributaries downstream from Cole Rivers hatchery.

brandon4455
brandon4455
**** i hope the poacher gets sick from eating those poor trout

C
colbypearson
brandon4455 said:
**** i hope the poacher gets sick from eating those poor trout

ok well its a few fish from an off limits area lets not all get all mad about it im sure if hes a poacher hes also probubly not smart enough to catch many trout anyways, just make sure you report poachers when you see them and if you have ever fished bear creek now ya know its off limits

F
FishFiddle
So, speaking of Bear Creek, there is a private boat ramp on the Rogue just below where Bear Creek dumps in, is there any way to access or maybe is there a contact for this ramp?? Anyone know about it??