Bead Body Helgramite Nymph 2.0

F
FishFinger
I came up with final design I could defiantly live with.

Thanks for all the input while still hashing this thing out. I like what it ended up being.

DSCN2056.jpg

Here is a video how to build it, hope you like it.

YouTube - Hellgrammite Nymph OFF tutorial

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
tHATS A COOL LOOKING FLY.

O
OnTheFly
I like It!! Can't wait to hear how fish feel about it!

E
everett464
No need for defiance, that is a very nice fly.

S
skunk
Thanks for the vid! This is a cool contribution. I'm going to get supplies tomorrow and give this one a whirl.

S
steeltime
Nice! Thats a summer steel killer!

W
waco
WOW very nive fly!!! and thanks for the recipe!! :clap:

brandon4455
brandon4455
thats an awesome pattern bro, lcant wait to see what it catches

O
OnTheFly
You need to give it a custom name.:think:

F
FishFinger
Yes it needs a name, any suggestions.....

** I was thinking....... Well since they are kinda evil yet sleek looking; maybe the black bead heads are "Lord Vaders" and the gold The Emperor" and when I add red butts.. well. the "Sith Lord". I really wanted to do the tut to the Imperial Death march theme, but the wife said I was being too stupid, go figure...**

Better Ideas.. I'm all ears.

F
fishingfreak
The more and more I see these nice flies it makes want to go purchase a nice fly rod. Those flies look very deadly. Nice Job and great video too!

B
bigsteel
nice fly dan,you should call it the giveemhellgrammite

F
FishFiddle
Gotta Luv It! I'm out today to pick up supplies....Only problem is that the fly shops here are closed on Monday??:(

F
FishFiddle
Great video also!!!!! Thanks a bunch cause I know this took some real time and effort.

M
meluvtrout
Dan call it KARAKAN. means black blood...

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Couple question - what made you decide to tie the shell back in after dubbing the body, instead of tying the shell back in and winding the dubbing over it?

Also - are you using black braiding line?

Awesome fly - I've got to give this one a whirl!

F
FishFinger
GungasUncle said:
Couple question - what made you decide to tie the shell back in after dubbing the body, instead of tying the shell back in and winding the dubbing over it?

Also - are you using black braiding line?

Awesome fly - I've got to give this one a whirl!

I dubbed up to match the 4mm bead then placed the shelback, then added an additional 2mm of dubbing to match the 6mm bead. When I tied in the shell back to the hook shank it tended to "gather" the material more so than when spread out over the 4mm body mass.

I didn't have any black braid, I used a shaprie to darken them up (not pictured)

Hope this helps

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Sweet, thanks. I figured there had to a be a reason for the way you did it - I just wanted to be sure. Makes sense spreading the body more lengthwise, than bunching it up.