Battleground Lake

T
Troutier Bassier
We arrived at Battleground Lake around 7am. The gates opened at 8 and we were fishing at 8:30. First fish was caught by me, a 10inch rainbow on green powerbait... Stayed till 12 with no other fish caught...

R
ryno28
where is the battleground? cause i'm lookin for new places to fish this year

F
fishtales
I believe it is in just outside of Vancouver, Wa in Battle Ground. I have only been there once. It is fairly small and for non motorized boats if i remember correctly. From what I know it is fairly popular in the summer time.

Last edited:
R
ryno28
oh sweet that would be fun i have never fished in wa. thanks for the info. oh so can i ask you where you fish a lot?

F
fishtales
My idea of fishing is getting out and catching lake trout. So i guess you could say Lake Fishing. You should try and make it to Battle Ground Lake it is pretty cool.

R
ryno28
oh i will try my damdest to get up there and yea i love catching lake trout too really any kind of trout i also do tons of trout fishing on the rivers cause its more challanging to catch them on the river

T
Thuggin4Life
Now are we talking lakers(mackinaw) or just trout in a lake?

F
fishtales
Hey I will pick up what ever I can get. I have never targeted Mackinaw but can catch ordinary lake trout in my sleep.

T
Thuggin4Life
I am confused by ordinary lake trout since lake trout are mackinaw. Please expand on this subject of lake trout for me please.

F
fishtales
Well this is comming from my narrow minded proivated catholic education side of me but an ordinary trout would be a rainbow trout. In my experienece most every lake I have fished there have been rainbow trout. To me Macks are only perdominent in certain lakes. Now would I like to catch a Mack??? Hell yeah i just don't ussually try for them.

B
beaverfan
I think he's just calling them lake trout because they were trout in a lake not because they were actually Lake Trout. (Mackinaw)

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah starting to lean that way very confusing.

F
fishtales
I can see why that could be confusing. Pretty much what beaverfan said makes sense to me because most of the trout I have caught at lakes have been a type of rainbow, so I have gotten use to rainbows being lake trout but not Lake Trout as beaverfan put it. The lakes I typically fish are East, Wickiup, Hagg, and Cofenburry. If there are Macks in them I probably should try and fish for them next time. When I lived out of state I remember catching Macks I think but not so much here in Oregon. I guess I may not be fishing the right lakes or fishing the right way. Anyways it sounds like these Lake Trout get pretty damn big!!

J
justNorthofya
Macks in Battleground ??

Macks in Battleground ??

I seriously doubt there are macks in Battleground Lake, I'm pretty sure its only planted with rainbows... its actually more like a big cold water pond than a lake. boats are restricted to electric motors and it costs $7.50 to launch a boat.

its just NE of the town of Battleground,WA which is just North of Vancouver

overall its a neat place to take the kids to wet a line but there are better choices a lot closer to you.

T
Thuggin4Life
Oh gottcha. But if we started calling all trout in lakes lake trout it woulkd be confusing. Some lakes are known for browns so at that lake they would be lake trout? I thought for some reason battlegroung was a big lake.

F
fishtales
Persnally if I was comig home from fishing and did not catch a brown tout I would tell everybody I did not catch a brown trout and of cource they would ask if I caught any of the other big or small fish. My earlier response was kind if general and left a lot of open ends. I kinda feel like I tried to keep the thread on track and I got pulled off. No big deal and I'm not some youth that does'nt know when to give time after time.

I don't want to argure but there has to be a better place for this to go down. I'm just as guilty because I have chalanged (whick is kind of feel like hapend here) OFFer's posts before too when I personally felt there is a question I need an answer to. I'm happy this worked out. We all know that lake trout are different. We accomplished taking this thread OFF topic abit. Im not saying we need mods to break in but I think that as members we can do a better job.

Battle Ground lake is pretty small but there is a lower parking lot so if the one by the lake is full you can park there and walk.