Battery size help!!

M
mikeredding
I am going to get a new deep cycle battery for my boat but am unsure of what size. I have a Minn Kota 30 LB. Endura model trolling motor and would like to be able to run it all day if needed. I am unsure the draw from the motor but it appears to be 30 amp max.

Anyone have any idea what size battery I need? I see there are several to choose from and I want to make sure I get one big enough but not so big it will sink my boat!

Last edited:
E
easygoing4774
i just paid 99 dollers for my Minn Kota 30 pdi had one battery 24 series 2 hrs and we had to row back now i have two batterys an optima blue top for boat and acseserys and a 27 series batt for trolling moter i have yet to try & a small soler battery charger 1.5 wat. charger i think that motter calles for a 27 series or 105 ?
and a 24 series or 90 ? somthing

M
mikeredding
I went and bought a MAXX 29 with 125 Amp Hours and 205 Minutes reserve capacity. According to the formula used by Minn Kota I should be able to get just under 9 hours with my Endura 30 on 2nd speed.

J
JeannaJigs
mikeredding said:
I went and bought a MAXX 29 with 125 Amp Hours and 205 Minutes reserve capacity. According to the formula used by Minn Kota I should be able to get just under 9 hours with my Endura 30 on 2nd speed.
I have this exact motor for trolling, and i have that exact battery for a 12 foot mirrocraft. works all day.

M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
I have this exact motor for trolling, and i have that exact battery for a 12 foot mirrocraft. works all day.

Thanks. I took it out on Dexter today and ran the snot out of it. Seemed to hold up well even though I had to run the motor on 5 the whole time. Maybe my boat is too heavy.

J
JeannaJigs
mikeredding said:
Thanks. I took it out on Dexter today and ran the snot out of it. Seemed to hold up well even though I had to run the motor on 5 the whole time. Maybe my boat is too heavy.
could be, my mirrocraft is pretty light even with the heavy old school 6 horse seaking on it. it flies on 5 lol

M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
could be, my mirrocraft is pretty light even with the heavy old school 6 horse seaking on it. it flies on 5 lol

Mine is fiberglass.

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
There's your answer lol

E
easygoing4774
my boat crusies on 3 19ft tri hull fiber glass