Battery Charger Question

C
ceceblue
Hi All,

I have a 12ft sevylor hunter/fisher that I have decided to upgrade from just a rowboat. :) Bought a floorboard from Amazon - best price - now I need to get a motor, motor mount and battery charger. Planning on getting the Minntonka endura 30#.
My questions is, do I need a $60 charger or will a trickle charger work just fine? I'll only be taking the boat out a couple of times a month.
Cheryl

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Bigger is better,this time....

Bigger is better,this time....

While at the OFF Detroit get together,Autofisher used the larger Black & Decker charger to power his computer so SharkBait,age 3,could watch "Finding Nemo" at bedtime. I know he has used the charger several times to start cars as well without having to re-charge the charger. He swears by the thing. It is about the size of a large toaster and very sturdy. Given the choice,if you can afford the B&D or one like it,for the versatility I would get the larger charger. You can use it for so many things you might even wonder how you did without it. It is an instant jump/charge and goes forever once it is fully charged. Just my two cents worth.

kirkster
kirkster
It doesn't matter how much you spend as long as its rated for what your charging. But I have to agree with raincatcher because Im a firm believer in you get what you pay for.

C
ceceblue
OK thanks, I'll look into a better charger :D

R
Rickerd_457
Go to wall-mart and puck-up a $20.00 2amp charger-maintainer.
A slow charge is best for a deep cycle or standard battery's and this charger will keep your battery ready to go until your ready to go. I have been using this same charger for over 2 years and would buy another.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Wally world eh?

Wally world eh?

Rickerd_457 said:
Go to wall-mart and puck-up a $20.00 2amp charger-maintainer.
A slow charge is best for a deep cycle or standard battery's and this charger will keep your battery ready to go until your ready to go. I have been using this same charger for over 2 years and would buy another.

Great suggestion. I'll check those out myself for something smaller to use.

H
Hawk
Fer about 7 lustrums i've recharged a hole lot of batteries with my Schauer 6amp battery charger (manual 6volt or 12volt setting).

check electrolyte level in cells.

add distilled water only to cells when needed...