Bassmster Elite Series Clear Lake with PIcs

F
flippinbaits
Well, 90 of the best anglers in the world came to the famous lake in norhtern california. Clear Lake was home to the "Golden State Shootout" for the bassmaster elite series. I took full advantage of the location as im just a drive away. I stayed at "State Park" just south of the weight in which was at Library Park. I was at the weigh ins on Fri, Sat, and Sunday. The event was amazing. 4 of my buddies and myself went out in our pontoon boats and fished while we watched the pros smack them pretty good. It was amazing to be draggin a jig while watching Edwin Evers, Randy Howell, and Gary Klein throwing big swimbaits and jerk baits. The tounament was won by Byron Vrelick who threw a 9'' osprey for four straight days. I can't imagine how sore he is after hucking that for 4 days of tourny fishing.

Most of the fish that were caught were on jerkbaits and swimbaits. Some got on a flip bite up in the north end of the lake in ROdman slough. It was great to see blast off, as well as the chopper flying over and getting footage. the weigh in's were top class, and accesiblility to the pros was great. I got lots of pics and autographs throughout the days. The pros were great and the tourny was run very well. I hope they come back again, i know they love to fish the great lake, it's just a tough hall all the way out here.

here are a few of the 120+ pics i took of the weekend. in order from left to right...

F
fletchall5
Great pics !! looks like a great time :) Is that 9" ospery a jerk bait ? If it is, his arm must be sore !!
BOOYAH...

B
BlackBass
9'' swim bait. Nice pics Grigsby Icanelli KVD would of loved to have been there. Im pretty sure velvik also has one of the largest 3 day bags in BASS history fishing swim baits. Ill have to look that one up. Nice post thanks for shairing.

F
flippinbaits
9 inch osprey is a swimbait, it is very popular amongst the pro's, however most were throwing a 7 inch

O
Outdoor_Myers
I met KVD once and didn't notice it lol a friend and me where fishing on the Mississippi river during a tourney and this boat came by where we was wading on this muscle beach and they got stuck well we wade over to them and push them out we didn't even see this camera boat and like the next week I got into trouble for wading in the river by my dad and I asked how he knew and he pointed to the tv and we was caught red handed pushing KVDs boat free from the beach lol.

F
fishnquest
Outdoor_Myers said:
I met KVD once and didn't notice it lol a friend and me where fishing on the Mississippi river during a tourney and this boat came by where we was wading on this muscle beach and they got stuck well we wade over to them and push them out we didn't even see this camera boat and like the next week I got into trouble for wading in the river by my dad and I asked how he knew and he pointed to the tv and we was caught red handed pushing KVDs boat free from the beach lol.

Wow, thats a great story.

I missed the tourny again. Being there for the tourny looks like a fun way to spend the day. I'm not really a fan of Clear Lake, though. I spent a few days at the east side of the lake late summer last year, the blue-green algae was about thick enough to walk on and plugged the intake on my motor.

B
BlackBass
Great story but for KVD it violates the tourney regs.

F
flippinbaits
fishnquest said:
Wow, thats a great story.

I missed the tourny again. Being there for the tourny looks like a fun way to spend the day. I'm not really a fan of Clear Lake, though. I spent a few days at the east side of the lake late summer last year, the blue-green algae was about thick enough to walk on and plugged the intake on my motor.

it was extremely bad last year with the water so low...we had good rains this year so i wouldn't count on the pea soup being so bad