Bassin this weekend?

Fishwhisperer44
Fishwhisperer44
We are gonna have five days of decent weather on a row. I am thinking of taking my kick boat out and doing some bass fishing this sunday. Any other bass guys out there suffering from cabin fever want to come too?

bass
bass
Doubt I will make it but I will say that I saw a few bass boats out this weekend. Willamette is right around 50 now.

Fishwhisperer44
Fishwhisperer44
Hey bass! I saw that too, if the river is at 50, the ponds have got to be a little warmer. I was thinking about hitting up some ponds down near Albany. I figure the river will need about a week to clean up a bit. How's the sturgeon bite?

bass
bass
Fishwhisperer44 said:
Hey bass! I saw that too, if the river is at 50, the ponds have got to be a little warmer. I was thinking about hitting up some ponds down near Albany. I figure the river will need about a week to clean up a bit. How's the sturgeon bite?

Insanely good. Had my best day ever for numbers. Caught 43 on Sunday!!!!

Fishwhisperer44
Fishwhisperer44
Holy smokes! That is a lot of sturgeon in one day. Way to go! How big were they? I have been out there catching a few in the last couple of weeks. Most trips when I get one 60", I have to take a break. Two weeks ago I got an 84" and I was pretty much done for the afternoon.

bass
bass
My best were a handful of fish in the 50" range. The guy I met up with (from another board) caught one about 7'. It was his first oversized and he did a great job of battling that beast. I was a bit surprised I did not get an oversized. Saw quite a few jump.

kidholiday
kidholiday
I went out yesterday and landed Two Smallies on the Willamette. It was a great day out, the fish were a bonus

Fishwhisperer44
Fishwhisperer44
Way to go kidholiday. You catch them off of shore? Where abouts? That water still be icy out there.

S
Steel4life
Saw some large mouth caught in some ponds in Eugene. 2lb range

kidholiday
kidholiday
I was in my ranger near Newberg. Both were caught on a cranbait

Fishwhisperer44
Fishwhisperer44
Way to go! That is good news, the bite on the river is starting early!

kidholiday
kidholiday
The water temps I saw ranged from 46 to 48 degrees. It was pretty chilly when I put my hand in the water. We need a few mor days i n the 60s to get the river temp up. Like was said earlier in the post I bet she me of the ponds are starting come alive.

C
codybass
Hey there fishwisperer. If your still looking for someone to fish for smallies this weekend. I am down to go Sunday all day

Fishwhisperer44
Fishwhisperer44
Man, I'd love to go but my wife is coming home on Sunday. I need to pick her up at the airport at 11... Rain check?

M
montym
Man up and ask your wife to get a cab? ☺

Fishwhisperer44
Fishwhisperer44
Lmao, thought of that already... Buuuuut, if I want to continue to be able to go fishing when I want to... I should probably be there with my kids in tow. I don't see an issue doing a little sturgeon fishing on the way to the airport though....

C
codybass
No worries. Anyone know of any good spots to do some shore fishing for bass? Looking to go tomorrow. I know it's early but I've heard of some guys getting some. Thanks

kidholiday
kidholiday
Cody, the pond in Vernonia should be picking up

C
codybass
Alright thanks. I didn't make it there this weekend maybe next weekend