Denman ponds bass

F
fenderbender
Does anyone fish the Denman ponds? I have heard stories about nice fish out at the pond by the airport in white city? I am planning on getting a map of all the ponds in the area from the fish and game. Any other info. would be great. Thanks, FenderBender :cool:

S
smokin'salmon
I have heard good things about it too, never been though definitely put a post on how it was. i am heading to Apllegate Lake thsi weekend to see if i get any luck since the waters up anyway tight lines

C
cavdad45
I like the big lake by the ODFW office because it has a boat launch. It holds good fish and holds well trhroughout the season. Doesn't get too crowded and there is plenty of elbow room for bank angling. The other ponds hold bass that get less pressure, but access through the overgrowth can be limiting. Talk to the folks in the office, they are friendly and helpful.

F
fenderbender
bassin'

bassin'

Finally got to fish the ponds. Caught a pretty nice fish the other day in one of the airport ponds. There are 3 ponds back there. I have traveled that road for the last 25 years and I just thought people took there huntin dogs back there. Can't see the ponds from the road. I will fish it a lot more from my pontoon. Walked around one of the ponds and got 4 ticks. Yuk. My son went a couple of days later and he had 35 ticks, and NO fish. Now that stinks.
I will keep you up to date. Doing a lot of raining now. Bender

P
Phil_Bud
Yeah I've had some fun in these ponds...Seen some nice fish yanked out of the ponds that don't get as much pressure...The one by ODFW I have't had much luck...but haven 't tryed it in a boat.

C
colbypearson
theyre real shallow for the most part you can walk most of the way across the office pond and i assume the others as well i have fished a few of them plan on putting in more time come spring possibly

B
bigcat1967
Finally got to fish the ponds. Caught a pretty nice fish the other day in one of the airport ponds. There are 3 ponds back there. I have traveled that road for the last 25 years and I just thought people took there huntin dogs back there. Can't see the ponds from the road. I will fish it a lot more from my pontoon. Walked around one of the ponds and got 4 ticks. Yuk. My son went a couple of days later and he had 35 ticks, and NO fish. Now that stinks.
I will keep you up to date. Doing a lot of raining now. Bender

That stinks man...:D

M
MRB
Try Google earth instead of a map. What or where are these "airport" ponds?