Bass Sturgeon Trout

P
Phil_Bud
colbypearson said:
nice video those were both largemouth :)
Thought so...think the clear water threw me off...that one bass was actin funny tho...haha. just sittin on the bottom.

C
colbypearson
Phil_Bud said:
Thought so...think the clear water threw me off...that one bass was actin funny tho...haha. just sittin on the bottom.

bass are a lot less active than trout and not to mention that fish hasnt been in there as long as the trout have only a matter of hours from when you arrived there, any time the fish is brought from sub 40 degree water into that tank witch im going to assume is atleast 58 degrees at the very least thats a big jump for that fish.... that fish is in there courtesy of phil strader who caught them that morning, those bass have had theyre nose in the dirt all winter long a lot of times when i catch them this time of year they have mud on theyre bellies, bass are much more of a warm water fish and even when the water is warm bigger bass still dont move much in our lakes it takes baitfish to really get them moving other than in the spawn when they will cruise the banks any time after that a bass is busy just bieng a bass waiting to ambush prey in the best cover available within proximity to a solid food soucre and if the conditions are really jacked up they will get right in the messy stuff or sit along breaklines, points, dropoffs etc...

P
Phil_Bud
colbypearson said:
bass are a lot less active than trout and not to mention that fish hasnt been in there as long as the trout have only a matter of hours from when you arrived there, any time the fish is brought from sub 40 degree water into that tank witch im going to assume is atleast 58 degrees at the very least thats a big jump for that fish.... that fish is in there courtesy of phil strader who caught them that morning, those bass have had theyre nose in the dirt all winter long a lot of times when i catch them this time of year they have mud on theyre bellies, bass are much more of a warm water fish and even when the water is warm bigger bass still dont move much in our lakes it takes baitfish to really get them moving other than in the spawn when they will cruise the banks any time after that a bass is busy just bieng a bass waiting to ambush prey in the best cover available within proximity to a solid food soucre and if the conditions are really jacked up they will get right in the messy stuff or sit along breaklines, points, dropoffs etc...
Yeah those fished were a lot more stressed then people think...thanks colby...one of the bass was definitly not taking the whole situation as good as the other though...where'd he catch um at? expo?

C
colbypearson
Phil_Bud said:
Yeah those fished were a lot more stressed then people think...thanks colby...one of the bass was definitly not taking the whole situation as good as the other though...where'd he catch um at? expo?

ya idk what pond that one was a solid 4-5+lbs i never know how that tank changes the fishes weight but last year he had one in there i guessed was 4lbs but it was actually 6lbs or so haha...... its really a shame there werent any monster trout in there they are a blast when they throw those big things in the ponds and you can sight fish them sometimes.

P
Phil_Bud
Yeah I can't wait to get some bass like those to the boat this year...Pumped bout my live target lipless crankbait...Not too experienced in bass fishing...Only my second year taking it serious. I know I was hoping to see the 7 and 8 pounders they had last year.