Bass near Portland?

T
troutmaster101
So im new to fishing and would like to pull in a 2 to 3 maybe 4 pound bass. the trout are fun but i want to fight a bigger fish. i was wondering if anyone knew a good spot? My kids are getting to be the age and i want to learn a couple tricks before they show me up! lol :cool:

T
TeamRamRod
Ive had pretty good luck at Elk Rock in Milwaukie, and I believe its called Willamette park in West Linn. In this situation, google is gonna be your best friend. Also, Sauvies Island. Had good luck there. Once I find a spot, i dont move to much haha Best of luck to ya. Let em buck!

T
troutmaster101
Thank you.
The google tips is priceless cause its what i should hae used first. duh>>>>LOL........

T
TeamRamRod
Its all good! I basically live off Google!

F
Finneus Polebender
If ya head out east on 84 pretty much every bit of water you see on the south side is good LM bass fishin especially if ya have floatation . Picked up some reel hawgs last year up by hood river should be able to look back through my posts think the place was Mosier . Have spotted big LM/SM and other species in many of the south side slough waters though sure many spots closer to ptown hold nice fish too.

Reactions: troutmaster101
R
Ripplerider
Where is ELK ROCK???

T
TeamRamRod
Milwaukie. Right by the Milwaukie boat ramp. Well, a lil before it. Comin from the gladstone area to milwaukie.

T
troutmaster101
thanks! the trout are getting a little to easy.:)