Bass in summer heat!

O

Outdoor_Myers

**Featured Report!**

So I went to some local ponds yesterday morning arriving around 9am I decided to drive down to the river and maybe go after some steelies or nooks; however, the rocks where not very solid and my car rides low and got stuck :( It took me a good 20 minutes to get unstuck and back to the ponds just a minute drive. The first pond not even a nibble so I went over to the larger of the two and on my 2nd cast I got this nice lunker!

0707101036-00.jpg

He Hit like a bull stealing line as he went sadly to say no aerobatics but he dove for the deep. I left around 10 due to the intense heat coming up off the pond and all the wheat around it. If I had a small boat that pond would be awesome seen a ton of carp, and bluegill surfacing but way to far for casting distance.

P.S. I caught him on a rattle trap a small silver.

Got home cleaning him took a shower then the family headed to the gf's parents for a nice day in the pool! It was a great day and hope sometime soon I will land my first ever steelhead or salmon.

Josh

I

Ifishforfood

hey, thats a really nice bass! way to go man, keep em coming! glad to see that you took him home, bass taste excellent.

O

Outdoor_Myers

yes they do I love eating them crappie bluegill well all warm water fish I havent had steelhead or sturgeon before in my life so im on edge wanting to taste them lol

B

bearrulz100

hey random question but does anyone know when salish lakes are restocking?
i could really use the help!!!

B

bassman503

When salish is stocked... Get there early or you'll be walking around the whole pond trying to find a spot...

O

Outdoor_Myers

Thanks and he tasted mighty good today for lunch! fried his fillets up with egg and corn meal it was so good with a side of Cheetos!

R

Ritchie

what pond/lake was this at what kind of bate or lure did u use

C

c_chickens

man y take them????? show the pic 2 gma an tell her the fishn story an about how u catch an release! sad sad sad! we live in oregon with the best tasting fish! salmon steelhead sturgeon halibit tuna!

O

Outdoor_Myers

Well I have yet to catch me a salmon or a tuna but I have had meals of them from restaurants, but i have yet to catch a salmon, steelhead, sturgeon halibut and a tuna lol. I do a lot of C&R mainly because I hate cleaning fish and smelling like it for a day even after a shower lol.

Its from this company Miesier rock something south of Dayton. is where the ponds are. Caught him on a rattle trap silver.

Top Bottom