Bass for Breakfast???

J
Johnny Southpaw
Went out to my favorite private pond this morning and hooked into this nice girl. Her belly was so fat!!! What a way to start the weekend OFF...

T
TTFishon
What a fatty! And yes that would be a great way to start off the weekend.

F
flippinbaits
about to spawn for sure

R
rainbowfisherman
holy cow thats a beast

F
fishndad
huh, when was this caught? sweet jesus, lakes are still to cold around coos bay to catch any, but my steelhead and trout are still biting......just getting impatient waiting for the largemouth to start up

LadyoftheLake
LadyoftheLake
Which taste better, fresh trout or fresh bass?:D

F
flippinbaits
LadyoftheLake said:

trout cuz they stalk them to eat. throw the bass back. especially if it is spawning like the one in the pic

T
TTFishon
LadyoftheLake said:

It's a matter of opinion. IMO bass is alright and native trout is really good depending on the water it came from. And hatchery trout is not that good to me unless it's a holdover.

J
Johnny Southpaw
fishndad said:
huh, when was this caught? sweet jesus, lakes are still to cold around coos bay to catch any, but my steelhead and trout are still biting......just getting impatient waiting for the largemouth to start up

I caught her this past Saturday (04/04/09) at a private pond. Water temps are getting warmer, so won't be long before bigger bodies of water start producing. Just remember to WORK IT SLOW at first!

J
Johnny Southpaw
LadyoftheLake said:

All a matter of opinion. I would say trout for sure, but I know others who just love bass. Although I titled my original threat "bass for breakbast," (caught it early morning) I NEVER keep any of the bass I catch-just the way I was brought up I suppose. Hard to beat a fresh steelhead in my opinion.

P
pdx89
Nice fish!!! :clap::clap::clap: