bass flies

brandon4455

brandon4455

does anyone on here fly fish for bass? ill be fishing for both main species lm and sm, one a river and it's backwater sloughs besides poppers, what else works for em?

T

troutramp

Ya I fly fish for bass I dont know where to around here yet, butback in AZ I slay em on the fly Hoping some of the same stuff works here anyway when ever your ready let me know we might could meet up......

brandon4455

brandon4455

that sounds fun, i know about 3-4 different backwater sloughs on the upper willamette only half of em are accessable by foot. but they hold bass up to 10lbs carp,suckers,all kinds of panfish, and perch . and for smallmouth i fish calm spots on the river in parks, ive caught those up to 6lbs

C

colbypearson

that sounds fun, i know about 3-4 different backwater sloughs on the upper willamette only half of em are accessable by foot. but they hold bass up to 10lbs carp,suckers,all kinds of panfish, and perch . and for smallmouth i fish calm spots on the river in parks, ive caught those up to 6lbs

i need to get a 6lb smallie im dyin to get one

brandon4455

brandon4455

i need to get a 6lb smallie im dyin to get one
dude, they fight like no other, it took 15 mintues to get him in.. i was using a 7ft medium rod so it was kinda thin,, i thought he was gunna break me off and almost gave me a heart attack but eventually i got him in, and we had no camera so a quick release, i was like 13 lol black roostertail or a booyah spinnerbait always gets em on the willamette

C

colbypearson

dude, they fight like no other, it took 15 mintues to get him in.. i was using a 7ft medium rod so it was kinda thin,, i thought he was gunna break me off and almost gave me a heart attack but eventually i got him in, and we had no camera so a quick release, i was like 13 lol black roostertail or a booyah spinnerbait always gets em on the willamette

ya i have got plenty smallmouth theres not many here that get over even 3lbs, got some good LMB lakes but not so much smallies that i have found, next years the year though....... i want to fly fish for umpqua smallies also

brandon4455

brandon4455

ya i have got plenty smallmouth theres not many here that get over even 3lbs, got some good LMB lakes but not so much smallies that i have found, next years the year though....... i want to fly fish for umpqua smallies also

i need to try and make a road trip down that way next year to fish it with ya, ill also be hitting the john day

C

colbypearson

i need to try and make a road trip down that way next year to fish it with ya, ill also be hitting the john day

sounds sweet, some of us were actually thinking of a south umpqua pontoon float but thats another story.

brandon4455

brandon4455

sounds sweet, some of us were actually thinking of a south umpqua pontoon float but thats another story.

im out for that one..don't have a toon... lol but me and my grandpa could bring his little john boat right?

C

colbypearson

im out for that one..don't have a toon... lol but me and my grandpa could bring his little john boat right?

i dont know, i am sure theres a float tube to be borrowed :) in my garage

Top Bottom