Bass fishing

kidholiday

kidholiday

I know it is a bit early and cold for the bass in there to start becoming active. Just curious if anyone has caught a few yet?

T

The Nothing

This one was caught on a stocker rainbow last week
P3130324-1.jpg
P3130323.jpg

T

The Nothing

I didn't, otherwise it would still be in Hagg Lake instead of posing for photos infront of the general store down the road....

Story goes the guy had hooked the lil trout on powerbait, as he was playing it back to him on the bank, his line got heavy. The bass offered lil fight (still a bit cold out there i guess). When the bass took the trout, the hook came out of the trout and caught the lip of the bass.

J

JASMINE

I didn't, otherwise it would still be in Hagg Lake instead of posing for photos infront of the general store down the road....

Story goes the guy had hooked the lil trout on powerbait, as he was playing it back to him on the bank, his line got heavy. The bass offered lil fight (still a bit cold out there i guess). When the bass took the trout, the hook came out of the trout and caught the lip of the bass.

I agree! It's a real shame when people keep bass, especially big ones like that, now she wont spawn and her genetics stop and future big bass wont be in that lake, oh well just my perspective, it's not illegal to keep them, just as a huge fan of bass angling i couldn't imagine keeping one.

T

The Nothing

I put in 7 hours on Hagg today. alternating between trolling for trout, and pitchin jigs, senkos, cranks, buzz, spinners... nothing.

water is still cold, low to mid-40s. Bass are holding tight lipped under hard cover 15+' deep. Water is nice and clear though.

kidholiday

kidholiday

Well that just means we have to wait a few more weeks. Come on water warm up to 58 degrees.

W

Worm Dirt

I just moved here to southern Oregon bout a year ago. I'm just now ready to get out there and fish. Can you guys give me places to go catch any Bass? I'm in Central Point and was hoping to find a spot close by to go fishing. Someplace within an hour to get to. Any ideas and stories of your trip there?

E

eat, sleep, fish

Every lake and pond has bass in it. In less than an hour you've got the Expo Ponds, Agate Lake, Lost Creek Lake and that's just naming a few. You just got to get out there and explore each to find the type of water you prefer to fish, as everyone will produce fish.

T

Throbbit _Shane

emigrant, hyatt, howard prairie, medco pond, applegate lake, willow lake.

just a few more.

Hyatt you will be able to catch bass every cast during the summer. And they will hit anything and everything. And if your going to be keeping bass to eat that is the place to do it at.

D

Darthbeans

There is also the white city ponds "hoover",denman ponds,freeway ones in talent, jackson co. sports park pond to name a few more depending on if you have a boat or not or like me only time after work the ponds on the list are good fishing. If you have a boat the lakes mentioned rock some are harder than others for size but all will produce and a few have smallies too. And a little farther out is galesville. Good luck and maybe see you out there!

G

grampa ron

10 inch Crappie 10-30-12.png 4.5 Bass 10-30-12.png One of the Bass I caught today was 4.5# and one 10" Crappie.

D

dtikey

right on was thinking about going after some ditch pickles myself here soon.Was invited to fish a tournament at ten mile this weekend but can't make it but maybe after work next week

Top Bottom