Bass fishing on the Umpqua

S
Stealiedan
What Would be a good place to go bass fishing also what would be good
to us

M
Mustangdan23
You can pretty much catch smallies, anywhere in the main. i prefer down by elkton or in the tyee area. If you want to catch a lot just a jig head and a walmart white grub will do it.

I
Ifishforfood
white grubs? i find that half of a nightcrawler on a jig outproduces rubber grubs 10 to 1! take my advice stealiedan, use NIGHTCRAWLERS!

M
Mustangdan23
try both they will all work, easiest fish in the river. oh yeah and I live about 5 minutes from the umpqua river, almost the only river I fish year round. Maybe those portland smallies like night crawler.

worm is the way for the catfish though!

I
Ifishforfood
well, there arnt a lot of cats in the columbia, but i do know there are lots of bass, and they really like worms. it might be because of all the pressure, so they only like the real stuff. im just posting what works for me!

M
Mad dog
Mustangdan23 said:
You can pretty much catch smallies, anywhere in the main. i prefer down by elkton or in the tyee area. If you want to catch a lot just a jig head and a walmart white grub will do it.

White Grubs! For some reason they do work well on the Umpqua! One time I saw about 10 bass hooked in a row on the same white grub in the same hole!

S
Stealiedan
Thanks for the info I will def try both way to what the fish go for in my area, what's the best why to set up your line, do you just tie the jig directly to your main line do you need a leadr or some weight