Bass fishing in the Astoria Oregon area

C
ColumbiaRiverTaxidermy
Hi guys just wanted to say hello...know of a few guys that talk about a lot of fishing in the area and thought ide see if anyone else does any good in here and if you have any pictures...

Heres a picture of one i mounted a few weeks ago..Let me know what you all think..guys weighed a little over 2.5lbs...local astoria LG mouth.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net\/hphotos-ak-ash2\/hs205.ash2\/46861_1580483838099_1415774113_31542725_1478755_n.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited by a moderator:
F
Finneus Polebender
Not from your area but here are a couple of the biggest of this year for me, and a 5 lber my friend caught .

C
ColumbiaRiverTaxidermy
Man those are some dandies....and you probably just fried em up....lol....

Man ide love to put some fish like that in my showroom!

.....those are great pictures...!

Goodluck fishing man! congrats on the great catches also!

F
Finneus Polebender
ColumbiaRiverTaxidermy said:
Man those are some dandies....and you probably just fried em up....lol....

Man ide love to put some fish like that in my showroom!

.....those are great pictures...!

Goodluck fishing man! congrats on the great catches also!

Actually am devout catch and release angler now , oops better clarify just moved have a private pond in my back yard so I am now a devout catch and relocate angler LOL . Would be happy to assist you in your quest as long as the fish dont gotta die. Here is a pic of my biggest ever ,only bass I ever kept and have paid for that by never catching a bigger one since in 5 years . Think its like 7 yrs bad luck to keep a bass so I got a couple left LOL

C
ColumbiaRiverTaxidermy
well next time you catch one that just has to die or takes one a little deep and you know its not gonna live, let me know and ide love to mount it and add it to my room...Will mount it in honor of all the other catch and released bass that got away scott free....lol....

Freaking backyard bass fishing...IM JELIOUS! LOL....

F
Finneus Polebender
ColumbiaRiverTaxidermy said:
well next time you catch one that just has to die or takes one a little deep and you know its not gonna live, let me know and ide love to mount it and add it to my room...Will mount it in honor of all the other catch and released bass that got away scott free....lol....

Freaking backyard bass fishing...IM JELIOUS! LOL....

Will be by next year the back yard one will be my new live well ,have two other private ones close to stock it from . Gotta get the grandkids to stock it with forage "blue gill crappie bullhead etc before winter hits and I will put in the bass so next year my little dudes can go hawg huntin at Grandpas! If you ever get a chance to get down here will take you out and let ya get your mount ,I just wont have it in my boat or off my hook still tryin to shake the curse!

C
ColumbiaRiverTaxidermy
deffinently...if i head down ill let yah know....!

I like your passion to catch and release! very knowledgable...

guess thats why us taxidermist came up with reproductions...lol......

F
Finneus Polebender
Definitely a good thing , not against those who eat their catch ,just think that the big ones are more fun to catch another day than they are to eat ,especially when it comes to bass.

C
ColumbiaRiverTaxidermy
oh yes i dont want to sound like im an anti catch and release fan...because that is what i do as well...but there are those very few occasions where i have been persuaded into taking a fish home....actually most the case i can think of where when we took em home to put em in my next door neibors pond that he had....and catch them later...lol....

or if they got hooked deep and bleed...using bait sometimes......

i know for one thing i caught a 38lbs channel cat in the yakima river once when i was younger...pulled that baby out, gave em everything i had to put him on my rinky dinky fish scale and BAMM....i was so happy...i practically couldnt wait to get him back in the river...my friends and others around me where like"are you crazy you should keep that!" naaaaahhhhh....let em go for another day...dont catch cats like that all the time so it was cool to me to see ehim swimming off...

Now sport fishing down south(central america area....) GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD EATTING.....! yah buddy....dorado, wahoo, BIG tuna, and all kinds of bill fish.....oh man....we bring em back, and have a locals cook out...fish like that will feed a villiage and we try to get as many people there to eat out...good times, good memories....lol..oh remanising....

But yes...catch and release is a great thing...! Pictures, pictures, pictures though....!

B
beaverfan
WTF people seriously?!?!?! Keep the references to illegal activity OFF this site! There are 3 references to ILLEGAL TRANSPORTING AND STOCKING OF GAMEFISH on this thread!

It's selfish bucket biologists that have caused there to be invasive species in almost every body of water in the state! Obviously thats gonna continue, glad to see we fisherman learned from our mistakes!

ANY AND ALL STOCKED FISH MUST COME FROM ONE OF THESE DEALERS! IF NOT YOU ARE VIOLATING STATE AND FEDERAL LAW!!!

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources...h_for_sale.pdf

J
JTLunker
Well said!

F
Finneus Polebender
beaverfan said:
WTF people seriously?!?!?! Keep the references to illegal activity OFF this site! There are 3 references to ILLEGAL TRANSPORTING AND STOCKING OF GAMEFISH on this thread!

It's selfish bucket biologists that have caused there to be invasive species in almost every body of water in the state! Obviously thats gonna continue, glad to see we fisherman learned from our mistakes!

ANY AND ALL STOCKED FISH MUST COME FROM ONE OF THESE DEALERS! IF NOT YOU ARE VIOLATING STATE AND FEDERAL LAW!!!

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/fishing/docs/licensed_operators_who_have_fish_for_sale.pdf

Just for the sake of apeasing some forum members I will not mention it again but seriously I know the difference between invasive species and the talk on here get a life!

C
ColumbiaRiverTaxidermy
Thanks for the information....that is good to know...!

But before you get a little excited, this is something that im sure we both now, and me my self did a long time ago when i was a little kid and would no longer do..just want to reinerate that...and im sure that finneus polebender is joking also....than actually saying that he actually is relocating bass (LOL) so there is no need to take what we say in a joking comment to heart....

But to give us this good information so that all of us who are reading this will know for future referance and so that we can maybe be just that much more careful how we make our joking comments on a open forum is good. specially when tone and facial expressions can not be inputted very well...

But again thanks beaverfan for the good information....

Last edited:
C
c_chickens
not sure about u but when was the last time u caught a native rainbow trout?????????? its a privite pond! its not a local lake that gets stocked with a bunch of dumb rainbows!

T
tomriker
i agree with you chickens. it's a private pond, whats the big deal if you transport a few fish in there?

C
ColumbiaRiverTaxidermy
well if anyone knows legalities about certain things its a taxidermist...we get tried and pressured to mount all kinds of things that we could just easily close our eyes and say yes, sure ill mount it....But law is law...So for purposes being lets not worry about the small stuff....I believe the comment was ment with good intentions so lets keep it at that....

Lets get back to talking about bass fishing astoria or coastal area waters though......? Got a local bass tourney this sunday...gonna be pretty interesting...should have some photos for yah guys...See how that goes....finneus polebender fingers crossed....lol..........................

C
c_chickens
oregons fish an wildlife is a JOKE!!! lets raise the prices 2 go fishn! doesn't r oregon lottery pay for r fish an wildlife???? it kills me how they can stock rainbows but there NOT a native fish! there 2 worried about there salmon! an doin a crap job at that!........... so what lake r u fishn at the coast??????????

C
ColumbiaRiverTaxidermy
little bit of collaby and coffinbury...trying to hit some back water slews and what not also....was thinking of looking around the jewel area...maybe head farther east towards scapoose, which is were im fishing in this weekends tourny...Should be fun! Im excited.

C
c_chickens
cullaby i heard had some big largies! not great bank access! rootbeer color worked for me!

C
ColumbiaRiverTaxidermy
Rootbeer huh? i bet pumpkin would work real well also...another one of my favorites...