Bass fishing near Albany

L
Logan bartlett
Just moved to Albany I have no idea where to go looking for bank access and kayak access, thank you!

Solution
C_Run
Try Freeway Lakes/ Oak Creek south of Albany. Your kayak will get you away from the bank fishing spots. There is the lake in Lebanon, an old mill pond in a park, can't think of the name now. It has bass. If you head up past Sweet Home you have Detroit and Green Peter Reservoirs which have bass, access, plus all kinds of other fish. I go up that way with my kayak a couple of times a year mainly for kokanee.
C_Run
C_Run
Try Freeway Lakes/ Oak Creek south of Albany. Your kayak will get you away from the bank fishing spots. There is the lake in Lebanon, an old mill pond in a park, can't think of the name now. It has bass. If you head up past Sweet Home you have Detroit and Green Peter Reservoirs which have bass, access, plus all kinds of other fish. I go up that way with my kayak a couple of times a year mainly for kokanee.

Reactions: fromthelogo, bocefus and Admin
Solution
jhop111
jhop111
Search the forum for years of info from folks. Then go.

troutdude
troutdude
C_Run said:

Be aware that there is a TON of POINSON OAK at Freeway Lakes...especially in the lake that you have to access by going under the Freeway! But that lake, farthest west, is the best of the 3 lakes for bass.

The lake in Lebanon, is called Cheadle Lake.

There is also Simpson ponds/park on the north side of Albany. But I do not if you can get a yak in there. You could also try knocking on doors and asking private land owners for permission to fish, in West Thornton Lake in N. Albany.

L
Logan bartlett
jhop111 said:
Search the forum for years of info from folks. Then go.
I have, just trying to get most recent information

Reactions: fromthelogo
fromthelogo
fromthelogo
Let us know where you try and how you do. Good luck.

Metolius
Metolius
A short drive from you that produces some fun small mouth is Adair Pond. In the parking lot of the ODFW office. Like it’s name, it’s literally a pond, so set your expectations low, but it’s has a ton of fish.

Reactions: troutdude and Admin
troutdude
troutdude
Metolius said:
A short drive from you that produces some fun small mouth is Adair Pond. In the parking lot of the ODFW office.

There are fish IN the parking lot? ;-)