Bass fishing from the bank

S

Shallowbay

Any suggestions on the best places to possible catch any bass from the bank? And any recommended on best tackle/bait for Hagg? Thanks!

-Shallowbay

L

Left Bank

Hey Shallowbay. I was just up at Hagg today and spent about an hour hooking up some bass from the bank. I have the most success just about anywhere on the Scoggins arm. I've also found that they come alive on the Sain Creek arm about 1 1/2 hours before dusk. I just use a couple of crankbait lures I keep in my vest or worms.

S

Shallowbay

Cool. I'll be out there tomorrow when it's nice and warm. Maybe I can get my first bass since I was a little kid! Thanks!!!

-Shallowbay

S

Shallowbay

Let down at Hagg !!!

Let down at Hagg !!!

I usually update right after I go, however, I was so irritated after spending all day at the lake last Wednesday, I just never got around to it. Only thing I caught was a bad sunburn and every tree and bush imaginable. I'm pretty sure I limited on shrubbery at least 6 times over.

So I tried all around boat ramp A & C for trout. I tried Powerbait, PowerEggs, worms, Kastmasters, Blue Fox spinners, homemade lures and Rooster Tails. NOT EVEN A BITE!!!

Worked my way around and tried sain creek and the scoggins areas for bass. Tried a couple of the open areas and some hard to get to spots that you have to hike to, but had no luck. Tried worms under a bobber, crankbaits, plastic worms, booyah lure, rooster tails, and some assorted plastic zoom fish baits. NOT EVEN A BITE!!!

I'll wait a month or two and try again. I was out there with tons of people on the bank and in boats and 9 out of 10 were skunked so maybe when they stock some more and the water warms up I'll have better luck.

- Shallowbay

Top Bottom