Bass fishing @ Eel Lake?

PK Yi
PK Yi
Has anyone fished Eel lake for bass before? I've tried sutton, woahink, siltcoos, and munsel for bass and looking for a new lake in Florence to try my luck.

C_Run
C_Run
sammy;n601044 said:
Has anyone fished Eel lake for bass before? I've tried sutton, woahink, siltcoos, and munsel for bass and looking for a new lake in Florence to try my luck.

I haven't fished it but a solid investment would be Pete Heley's "Reedsport Area Fishing Maps". Page 9, Eel Lake, he recommends fishing the deeper water with crayfish pattern lures. Or go to the Stockade in Winchester Bay where a lot of his pamphlets are sold.

T
TimberTodd
I have fished it a couple of times. There are some nice bass in there. I concentrated on the two coves immediately to the left and right of the ramp. I watched a guy get into them off of the point on the left. There is a trail that goes around some of the lake.

C
Combat Chuck
Yep. Largemouth and smallmouth in there. Wish I could spend more time there, its a cool lake.

PK Yi
PK Yi
Thanks for all the tips. It's on my radar for this year.

T
TimberTodd
Sammy just a few miles south of Eel is Butterfield that also has largemouth in it. Its not a big lake and the campground is a hotspot for 3 and 4 wheelers hitting the dunes. ODFW also stocks it with trout. Don't forget Tenmile which is a mile from Eel.

troutdude
troutdude
C_Run;n601045 said:
I haven't fished it but a solid investment would be Pete Heley's "Reedsport Area Fishing Maps". Page 9, Eel Lake, he recommends fishing the deeper water with crayfish pattern lures.

X 2. Pete's books give you solid intel!

L
lionheart3
thanks for the info on pete heely maps and books. i ordered some

portlandrain
portlandrain
I fished it for one evening and caught a 3 incher! Haha
It's really clear which made it tough. I could see smaller bass in 10 feet of water no problem

O
old guy
PK Yi said:
For what it's worth I fished Eel a couple of times last year and liked it. Not great but caught fish. Biggest problem is the wind. Lots of cover and crank baits and plastics seemed to work best. I saw some nice fish but the water was so clear they often see you first.