Bass fishing at night? Eugene/Springfield

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Don't see many people fishing at night for largemouth around here? I imagine smallmouth would eat to?

Down in Florida we would pull all-nighters all summer. A topwater frog or brokeback rapala in the moonlight would almost always do it. Plus it was cooler outside and not nearly as busy.

Can the same be done here? Seems like the rules are a lot tighter about park hours and such?

I may give it a try in Eugene sometime this week, the moon is just about perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Be sure to check the regs. It may vary in that area, but as far as I know, it's still basically daylight hours only.

CaughtGame
CaughtGame
Modern-day anglers have set some standards for night fishing, so much so that many of them have become too set in their ways to try anything different. Actually, the arsenal you use for bass fishing at night is no different than what you use during the day. That's because bass prowl the same waters day or night, and the so-called best lure to use depends upon the type of water you are fishing.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
The general daylight hours restriction is for salmonids only, unless the specific body of water has a special restriction under 'exceptions'.

• Harvest Method: Angling.
  • Restrictions: It is unlawfulto:
    • Angle for or take salmon, shad, steelhead, sturgeon, trout or whitefish except during daylight hours (one hour before sunrise until one hour after sunset). See exceptions for specific waterbodies

Reactions: Aervax and CaughtGame