Bass fishing at Hagg lake?

N
nwfisher
Hi I'm new to the forum and was wondering what the water temps has been this week at Hagg Lake?

Any advice on where about people have had success finding them, and what bait/lures have been working for u. Unfortunately I am confined to the banks :( . Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I have never tried for them at Hagg before.

Thanks

L
Left Bank
Hey Nwfisher, welcome to the forum!!! It was slow for me late Tusday up at Hagg for trout so I switched setups in an attempt to catch some bass. I used jigs and worm close to the bank on the bottom. About 6:30 - 7 the smallmouth bite came alive big time!!! I must have caught close to 20 in just 90 min. Most were small but there were 6-7 that were over 12 in. It really made for an exciting evening!!!

T
The Nothing
FWIW, water temps are mid-50s. I was there Monday during the rain storms - not such a good bite to be found

N
nwfisher
Thanks guys for the info. I think I'm going to be out there Friday weather permitting. Me and my friend may try and rent a boat to get to more areas that are harder to fish from the banks. Last Friday I tried the small peninsula in a cove area on the South side a little after the dam before from the bank. It looked liked it should of had bass in it with the slower current and some still water with a small creek coming in with a few down logs and some grass. But no bite from any fish, trout bass or other. Moved to the Sain creek by the picnic area, but only got one small trout that I put back.

Last edited:
C
cookshot
Hagg is pretty hit or miss as far as bank fishing for bass. I only ever did any good in one place for Bass. If you send me a PM I can tell you how to get there, it's not too hard.

L
Left Bank
Try the upper reaches of the Scoggins creek arm. I've caught quite a few there from the bank.

N
nwfisher
Ya I looked at the Scoggins creek area but was not sure if bass would be in there. I did not walk all the way to the mouth just around were the picnic area was and water was low in the creek. Any area i should focus on there? Thanks for the info guys.