Bass Fishin techniques

F
FishSlayer420
Kind of new to the Bass fishing scene. Best local lakes for the big boys and what to use? Thanks everyone.

F
Finneus Polebender
FishSlayer420 said:
Kind of new to the Bass fishing scene. Best local lakes for the big boys and what to use? Thanks everyone.

Dont fish big water much at all but thats where I hear they are. old boys always say want to catch big bass ya gotta throw big bait. never said what kind though thinking spinners, maybe lrg artificial swim baits , seen some weird big fly type stuff,etc. good luck in that pursuit.

F
FishSlayer420
Yeah my buddy has talked to you about fishing the delta ponds and some other ones. My boss has permission to fish the Wildish Property out there. he caught some really nice fish out there last week. You know if there is good bass fishing in lookout resivoir?

D
Drice
I hear there is some nice bass in lookout point along with large skillet sized crappie. Don't know much other than that. Its a big lake and very deep in some places. One day I plan on doing the homework and finding the lunkers Ive heard about.

F
Finneus Polebender
FishSlayer420 said:
Yeah my buddy has talked to you about fishing the delta ponds and some other ones. My boss has permission to fish the Wildish Property out there. he caught some really nice fish out there last week. You know if there is good bass fishing in lookout resivoir?

Ive seen several nice bass boats workin the weeded areas towards the mouth of lookout as early as this time of year though would assume its even better during summer have not spent much time on lookout past may 1st use to fish the mouth religously during pre and start of trout season but they have had that part closed for research for some time now. use to be able to fish mouth up to train bridge under resivoir rules Waaaah not no mo we would catch 14 to 18 in native trout and kokanee every year would get into 1 or 2 what we think were land lock salmon big!"reason for research I think" Oh and your boss is a lucky dog if they are the old wildish ponds i use to fish they are awesome

Last edited:
F
FishSlayer420
Yeah they are the old ones every cast last week he said. Two to three pounders everytime biggest was 6 pounds saw some real beasts in there though.

F
Finneus Polebender
FishSlayer420 said:
Yeah they are the old ones every cast last week he said. Two to three pounders everytime biggest was 6 pounds saw some real beasts in there though.

Dont know anything about fishin em but Ive heard tell too Use to use floatin rapalas as a kid would love to try some of my newer tecniques on them today. they have been locked up good i bet the fishin is insane. think this is them.

Last edited:
C
cavdad45
Master the plastic worm. Texas-rigged, Carolina-rigged, and dropshotting. You can then clean up on bass at any lake.

F
FishSlayer420
I've heard those terms before for riggings but not sure how to do em up.