bass/crappie/etc.

M
mosd
ive been training my dog outta the small boat a lot out at fern ridge res. an just curious if theres any bass/crappie/etc in the lake, i know theres a lot of carp/catfish. anyways, where to fish for the bass at? back towards 126 in the flats an shollows?

T
TTFishon
I've always wanted to fish those flats. I would think that bass and crappie would be there. When I was a kid that dock off of 126 used to be a great place to get crappie. About 10 years ago me and a buddy caught some nice bass near the island and near the trailer park by the island.

M
mosd
ya today would be a crappy day to go out but i need to train the mut, so guess ill head out there.. ya prob only way ill be able to get the bass to "bite" is to slap a good ol worm in front of there face:think:

T
TTFishon
They might be spawning right now so it might be easier than you think. All you have to do is get just about anything near their bed and they should hit it.

troutdude
troutdude
mosd said:
ive been training my dog outta the small boat a lot out at fern ridge res. an just curious if theres any bass/crappie/etc in the lake, i know theres a lot of carp/catfish. anyways, where to fish for the bass at? back towards 126 in the flats an shollows?

Yep. That's were you'll find a good population of bass.

There's buckets full o' crappie in that lake too. Lots o' peeps jig OFF of the marina docks @ night for 'em. I'm not too sure where else to find 'em. But, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out where are. Oh...and I've heard that the lake/impoundment on the opposite side of the dam has panfish.

WHAT??? Spell checker doesn't recognize impoundment? Obviously an OFFer did not design the spell checker!!! LOL