Bass boost

N
nwkiller
went and tricked this Largemouth yesterday on a brown football jig....funny thing is i was alone and finally got a nice one on and just as i coaxed her to the bank,boom theres my friend to pick up her dog..perfect timing, snapped the picture and off all my company went (fish and dog included)
umpqua002.jpg

Then today me and a bunch off freinds went down to the umpqua for some fishing and swiming. well lets just say i didn't do much swimming, there ws no time, the small mouth bite was on!! well i couldnt even tell you how many were caught...tons, average was about 12" for me, only took one picture we were so busy pulling them in, but it is a descent one. she had a belly, probbly weight 1.5 # or so.....amazing day!!!
umpqua003.jpg

M
Moe
Nice! Those are some mighty nice fish!

I
Ifishforfood
right on dude, i love bassin!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I dunno...fishing instead of swimming?? Must be a dedicated fisher person! lol jk...Congratulations!

N
nwkiller
defenetly dedicated!!!!! lol no time to do anything else!!!! lol

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice bass! I need to get out on the umpqua and try some smallie fishing. Seems ever one always has a good report.

T
TTFishon
Nice bass dude!!!

N
nwkiller
it was really on fire down there...i was stalking what looked like a 4#er, damn thing would chase but not bite, very smart fish.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Try the brown football jigs again, smaller sized if you have them. That's one of the main baits I use on the Umpqua. ;)

N
nwkiller
def. thanks for the info GZ, pretty sure im goin back down this week

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Yeah man just bounce them along the bottom and let it sit with as tight a line as you can manage without moving the bait. As soon as you feel a *tick* rip that sucker!! FISH ON!

N
nwkiller
thanks, ill def. post a picture of the beast...and give u the thanks!

G
GDBrown
GraphiteZen said:
Try the brown football jigs again, smaller sized if you have them. That's one of the main baits I use on the Umpqua. ;)

Do you have a photo of the Brown Football Jig? Can I use it on a 4wt fly rod?

I'm thinking of trying Bass fishing at Hagg this summer from my boat. (now that it runs)

GD

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
GDBrown said:
Do you have a photo of the Brown Football Jig? Can I use it on a 4wt fly rod?

I'm thinking of trying Bass fishing at Hagg this summer from my boat. (now that it runs)

GD

The jigs I am thinking of are too big for fly rods. They are the large 1/2 ounce or greater sized, sometimes with the rattles, the big skirts, that type. However, when I flyfish the Umpqua for bass I have found that epoxy surf flies work GREAT! The reflective greens, yellows and gold with solid heads and big eyes are where its at! I have found that getting them down as deep as you can then quick 1 or 2 inch really short strips, pause, 10 more strips or so then pause, is killer! That or really slow rises, pause, then a 6 foot rise, pause etc. FISH ON!

N
nwkiller
i agree