Bass at Agate Lake biting?

D
devhow
Has anyone gotten into any bass on Agate Lake lately? I am considering going out tomorrow with my wife and son, but don't want to sit in a boat in the rain unless we're going to have a good time.

C
Combat Chuck
Yep, stopped by really quick last week. Got 3 bass from the bank... lots of small fish on top the water too.

D
devhow
Awesome! What did you use?

E
eat, sleep, fish
Some of my friends went out there about a week ago and killed the bass, and got into a few crappie too.

D
Darthbeans
We were out a couple weeks ago got a bunch but no real size and it was still like fishing in chocolate milk :( should be better now though. Most fish came on spinnerbaits and rattle traps.....so mudxy you had to be loud lol.

P
Panman
I fished Agate earlier this week for crappie. Agate has cleared quite a lot and flies produced results.
Caught a few small bass and some gills as well. Hopefully this cold spell doesn't put a damper in the action.

Panman

C
Combat Chuck
devhow said:
Awesome! What did you use?

Got one on a spinnerbait, one on a watermelon worm and one on a black worm. Had one take down spook but it didn't stick.:D

P
Panman
Caught two decent bass yesterday on a whooly worm however the cold spell slowed down the bite. It should pick up in a few days = weather permitting.

Panman

D
Darthbeans
Were you the guys on tubes? I was on my boatand talked to one of you......but yeah the bite was way off only got three off a spinnerbait and biggest wad just over a lb. Still muddy and temp is back down to 59-60 oh well was still fun to be out :)

P
Panman
Darthbeans said:
Were you the guys on tubes? I was on my boatand talked to one of you......but yeah the bite was way off only got three off a spinnerbait and biggest wad just over a lb. Still muddy and temp is back down to 59-60 oh well was still fun to be out :)

If your question is addressed to me the answer is no. I was in chest waders using a fly rod.

Panman