Bass are biting @ St. Louis

A
adambomb
I caught 5 largemouth, and two rainbows shortly after 8am this morning. It was my first time at the ponds and it was a little overwhelming! Not only was there a million people there, but there is a lot of water to fish. I caught all 7 fish on a blue bodied rooster tail with a coulple power eggs for scent.

H
Hawk
That is a reel Beauty Bro...........................:D:D:D....................:cool::cool::cool:................Great Job.......................

Release is very Important, especially Females during Spawn... so we will hav a good bass population for the children of the future.

A
adambomb
I know its not a monster but i did land one larger on the next cast after i caught the one in the pic. nothing beats two in a row! and i released all the bass i caught today

F
fish-it!
just have to remember if you keep bass the limit at these ponds is only one

F
flippinbaits
do you have the pic of the 5 lb toad?

way to go :clap:

B
bassman503
I went there today and caught nothing but 4 bluegills while bass fishing! I tried wacky,texas,topwater, and even live bait!:mad:

A
adambomb
i fished the ponds yesterday, all the way around pond 6, i think, didn't see much except carp and a dead dear floating. i have only been there twice and i dont think i will be going back. too many people, too much trash.

C
cavdad45
Last Spring I caught a 4-pounder on a baby brush hog. Just spot fishing though. She was in shallow catching rays and I flipped it weightless in front of her face. About the eighth time she finally took it.

There are some good bass spots away from the crowds where you can catch 12-14" bass on spinnerbaits or Rat-L-Traps when the water warms a little more. This time of year, use jig-n-pig combos.

B
bassman503
cavdad45 said:
Last Spring I caught a 4-pounder on a baby brush hog. Just spot fishing though. She was in shallow catching rays and I flipped it weightless in front of her face. About the eighth time she finally took it.

There are some good bass spots away from the crowds where you can catch 12-14" bass on spinnerbaits or Rat-L-Traps when the water warms a little more. This time of year, use jig-n-pig combos.

I was using a baby brush hog too but had no luck. tried every thing weightless and texas rigged. :(

C
cavdad45
Tomorrow looks like it will be a good day. Warming water. Maybe even a little spinnerbait action. :dance: