Oregon bass fishing 2010 - 2020

I
IKfish
Nice one!!
And this was caught on a crankbait last week. Not the first one of 2019, but it's my pb of the year so far. Spring is one of the best for fishing. Tight lines!

• CRANK1.jpg
Reactions: colt, Aervax and Admin
C
Chuter
I found a couple out at Bond Butte Pond yesterday but this was, by far, the more photogenic of the two...

Ya gotta love the tenacity of a 6" fish that tries to eat a 4" jerkbait.

Love to see this thread picking up. Keep 'em coming!

• Haha
Reactions: colt, govallis, Aervax and 2 others
C
Chuter
I fished a pond off the Willamette just outside of Corvallis today and landed one and lost one at the boat on what's becoming my favorite chatterbait this spring. 1/2 oz black/blue skirt with a twin tail white trailer. Neither of the fish hit hard and both times I thought I was popping the bait out of weeds when I set the hook. The second time I got a better hook set. The fish was COLD and looked like it was wearing lipstick. 2.24 lbs.

Reactions: colt, govallis and Admin
Aervax
Aervax
I went out to try and catch smallmouth bass on purpose, today. It was such a nice day, that I was speculating there should be some sort of a bite going on as the water warmed up later in the day. I dropped my chores to lay where they landed, swapped tools for rods, and headed for the river. That pic was my big fish today, maybe 2.75 pounds No monsters or beasts yet. They are just starting to stage for the spawn. I felt lucky to scratch out the few I picked up wading in the slough with a fishing buddy this afternoon. We landed around a dozen between us over 4 hours. Most were 2-3 pounds. All fish were caught on 4" Senkos, all colors worked about the same. We fished them slow bouncing along the bottom. Most bites happened in 4-6 feet of water. Bellies on the females are starting to swell, but not gigantic yet. I think the high cold water over the last couple weeks has pushed the peak spawn back 2 weeks or so. The Columbia River slough we were catching them in today had a surface temp that measured at 60 F. The main river is just hitting 50. The full moon in May coming up 4 weeks from now should be a great bass bite. Tight lines!

Reactions: govallis, NKlamerus and Admin
C
Chuter
I blew off some paperwork this afternoon and snuck out to see if I could find a couple LM. Landed 7 and missed a couple. Everything was caught on a weighted texas rigged Pit Boss off of submerged wood. They were sticking close to cover and I had an awesome day of losing tackle and yanking fish out of submerged trees and brush piles. Big fish of the day went at 4.5 and a close second came in at 3.15. No Dinks today!

Reactions: govallis, Aervax and Admin
J
jacknrubin
Caught at Cottage Grove Lake 04/21 near floating debris on a black and blue finesse jig with a craw trailer. Slow fishing in at Dorena and CG Lake this weekend but this one bite made my trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chuter, govallis and Admin
C_Run
C_Run
I don't fish for bass a lot but today was the day I went to my favorite coastal lake to give it a shot. I got to fishing about a half hour after the crack of dawn because I wanted to try a topwater popper I have had hanging on my wall a few years now. Couple of casts in and fish on then off. I can now see the appeal of topwater fishing once you see that water explode. Second cast and fish on again. This time a 15" largemouth, a new personal best since my previous PB was 14.75". Now I am jazzed. A few more casts and a twin to the first one. Then things died off but I continued to fish the popper. An hour later, back to the original spot and I chucked a Senko right where I caught the other fish and fish on again. This time 19". Then I switched to trolling for trout and only got one all morning and a few random drive bys.

Reactions: Admin
Aervax
Aervax
My best Smallmouth Bass of 2019...so far.... Haha. She weighed close to 5 pounds. The big females are starting to move shallower. Caught a bunch between 3 and 4 pounds.

Reactions: PursuitFishing and Admin
SirCastAlot
SirCastAlot
Been into some big largemouth lately!

Reactions: PursuitFishing and Admin
I
igquick
Here is my 3 lb smallmouth PB. Caught her with a 2 to 3 inch curly tail grub. Caught 20 that day all under shaded areas.

Reactions: troutdude and Admin
AlabamaCoe
AlabamaCoe
A few I've got this year

F
Fred
Caught some bass and other fish today and last Sunday. We went to rood bridge, commonwealth lake, Bethany pond, and some random golf course pond. Caught about 4 other big bass and about 40 smaller ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: wils and igquick
I
igquick
YOU GOTTA SEE THIS! Heaviest Known By Yours Truly...

20191113_201113.jpg

13 LB 1 Oz Oregon Record Largemouth Bass. Honestly caught in 2019 during the Spring. Using a Berkley spinning reel, 8 lb fluorocarbon line, and a Storm Bluegill 3" Swimbait. Spotted the fish engulfing a whole duckling, and it was extremely territorial on the bank. Fished for hours trying to get it to bite. Finally, I decided to harass it with the bluegill swimbait, and it didn't take long to get an aggressive take.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Joffurson, jacknrubin, bocefus and 2 others
F
Fred
Got skunked 3 times before I finally got some action. Got mine on a keitech swimbait and my dad got one on a black senko. I had to get in the water to get my bass untangled. Now I need to get a smallmouth ?.

Reactions: troutdude and Admin
F
Fred
Aye got my first smallmouth of the year on my birthday XD.

Trout Slayer_7
Trout Slayer_7
Don't want to give away the location but If you can figure it out good for you, you will have a bunch of huge bass to catch, Caught this guy on a Blue and Black bitsy bug trialed with a watermelon red flake craw imation...My guess is around 6lb what do you guys think?

image1.JPG

Reactions: Fred, troutdude, fromthelogo and 1 other person
C_Run
C_Run
My bigger one on a slow day last month.

P1050432 - Copy.JPG

Reactions: igquick and Admin
nikita_pdx
nikita_pdx
229B85FB-EFE3-42AB-9DF4-01A270F08BBE.jpeg
0B9F88C4-BED8-442E-BCFB-593FEBE505AF.jpeg

F
Fred
1599706755480.png
1599706825025.png
1599706932462.png

Diehard
Diehard
Lake pend oreille bucket mouth caught this one and a bigger 20" fishn the Yamamoto worms while on vacation with my family very cool lake and lots of fish species 🙂

Screenshot_20200913-171337_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Aervax, fromthelogo and Admin