Oregon bass fishing 2010 - 2020

EOBOY
EOBOY
Well, after all the work on the DB in the last 2 1/2 months it was about time I got some fishing in. Got in touch with the Fishwhisperer and found out his wife has been sick since July and he hasn't been able to hit the water, but today he was able to slip out and join me. We launched about 10 and went up the right side of Ash Island and threw some of his Willamette Weapons, the fish weren't to interested in plugs so we went to the old reliable Senko Whacky style. I was watching him fight a nice one when I felt a heavy pull, all right a double.
The bite was slow but it was such a beautiful day who gave a RIP? Not us. After a lull we started picking up some on the finder and we just sat on them. He got another fish on and I put my rod down to reach for the net and take a picture. When I picked up my rod, fish on. We went around to the other side of the Island and just drifted with the current and he picked up a nice one one one of his plugs, actually now that I think of it he caught 2 or 3 on his plugs. They really are works of art. He showed me a picture of one of his plugs next to a crawdad and at first I had a hard time telling the real one.

Tomorrow Ben and I are going crabbing....Dang there's just to much to do.

• bryf.png
  • bryf1.png
Reactions: troutmasta, Admin and Fishwhisperer44
Admin
Admin
Share your bass pictures here.

Last edited:
Reactions: PursuitFishing and billfisher
G
govallis
My 1st bass of 2018 on Jan 2 and my most recent one yesterday. Too many to show between :harhar:, total 4 just this week.

Reactions: IKfish, pdx fly and Admin
G
govallis
This afternoon, cold, windy and raining.

Reactions: IKfish, pdx fly, colt and 1 other person
C
Chuter
photo32313.jpgphoto32314.jpg

No tanks yet but happy to say I'm starting to find some fish around the Corvallis area. This is my first season chasing largemouths in Oregon and I gotta say... they sure are a lot harder to catch around here than I'm used to back in my home state of MN! (I'm told we're a little spoiled :))

Reactions: pdx fly, Admin and colt
P
PursuitFishing
Got this bedfish on 5-11-18 in the clear water of the Umpqua. Here is the vid if you want to see the day of fishing.

Reactions: Admin and colt
H
HookerT
[No message]

Reactions: Admin
H
HookerT
2018 Tualatin River Bass

H
HookerT
caught this smallmouth on the Tualatin River this morning.

L
Luis Dominguez
This spring has been killer! Nothing but 1+lbers and no less than 3 a day! All on the Columbia and one LMB in a lake

Reactions: colt and Admin
Fernhopper
Fernhopper
My best largemouth and smallie for this year so far!

Reactions: colt and C_Run
EOBOY
EOBOY
Hit the pond today with the Fishwhisperer44 got a few fatties

Reactions: colt and Fishwhisperer44
Fishwhisperer44
Fishwhisperer44
That crappie colored crankbait was the ticket for the largemouth today.

Reactions: colt, IKfish and Admin
C_Run
C_Run
I made my annual smallmouth trip here in the mid-Valley. I caught 14 in five hours but nothing in the trophy class, unfortunately. Lots of dink with the two biggest being 13" and 14". Got most on Senkos but also a few on jointed Rapalas.

Reactions: Fishnbuck
E
Emvalleybassman
[No message]

Reactions: colt
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Does it have to be from Oregon? These are Florida fish.

They sure show their differences after fishing for Florida strain back to back with northern fish. Bigger heads and longer bodies, definitely more aggression and competition.

Reactions: colt
chris_the_wrench
chris_the_wrench
Since I moved to Oregon couple years ago from the saltwater of San Diego, I've focused on bass throughout the warmer months. I've caught a lot of 2'ish pound bass around here, but nothing over 4 lbs yet.
-Chris

Fernhopper
Fernhopper
Since 2018 is officially over I’ll update my best smallie. Not like some of the hawgs on here but a large improvement for myself!

G
govallis
First bass of 2019 today, a little later than last year's first (two) on Jan 2. My gear is always a Quantum Telecast 6'6 (good sensitivity and action), size 30 Nitrous reel (never bird nest), 12# C21 line, #10 swivel, 12# Seagaur red label as leader and smallest snap. I use biwaa ultra hog mostly and senko (dinger or strike king actually) sometimes. Bank fishing only.

IMG_20190112_144145~2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred, IKfish, colt and 3 others
G
govallis
Today the second bass of the year, 3.5 lb, Adair pond, from the very bottom. Used a 6'6 Shakespeare Excursion spinning rod, currently in Walmart for $9. The last rod that has a handle that's not insanely long; the new version is also $9 but much longer handle. This graphite rod is light and thin with a perfect medium action for everything.

Reactions: Fred, mollyharve, colt and 1 other person