Barview jetty

B

beaverfan

The girl and I decided to do a spur of the moment one night camping trip last night. We went and stayed at the Keenig Creek Campground on the Wilson. Probably won't be camping there again anytime soon. Not the nicest campground by any means. Didn't get the chance to fish at all last night and the plan was to get up early and hit the hole right in front of camp. Well a family of about fifteen people decided to camp directly on the river making it pretty much impossible to fish. So we decided to go into Tillamook for a bit. We ended up at Barview Jetty. It was only my second time there and I was only there for about 20 minutes but I landed a 16.5 inch Kelp Greenling. Nice little fighter on an ultralight! Thinking about camping at Barview next weekend, my girls going to be in Reno so I'm going camping! Anyone want to join me?

F

Fishtopher

Wish I could go! Love it there! Got my favorite site reserved for August already!

B

bigdog

Beaver you are a camping fool man :lol: Always seeing you going camping, not saying there is anything wrong with that at all. I wish I could go camping more often but with having 4 dogs that can't go with (They would chace anything that moved out there) really makes the camping trips far and few between that's for sure.
To bad that family killed your fishing hole for the day, at least you got to go somewhere and get in to a fish though.

CJ

B

beaverfan

Ya I'm always down for a good camping trip. In High School one summer we camped every night for 5 weeks. It wasng just a little annoying not being able to fish where I had planned. Judging by the way they acted I would say it's fairly safe to say that if I were to go down there tomorrow there would be trash everywhere. Well anyways I was talking to a buddy last night and instead of camping I may just go on another bottomfishing charter with him. If he has a good time and catches some fish he'll be hooked for life and I'll have a new fishing buddy. If anyone is interested in going on the charter let me know.

B

bigdog

I hate it when people trash places. We have to take care of what we love to be able to keep loving it.

A charter huh? Where is this charted going to be at? How much does it cost per person? You talking about like sea fishing or what ?

B

beaverfan

Ya it's a bottomfishing charter, you go a couple miles out. I'll probably be going out of Newport and its 65 for 5 hours or 75 for 6 hours, not sure which I'll do yet.

B

bigdog

Oh I think that would be so much fun. Have always thought about something like that just never knew how much it cost or if I would be able to afford it. That isn't that bad at all, about the same or even a little cheaper then our river guide trips.

F

fishy4

what did you use off the jetty? just curious? i have been there and caught a lot of greenling with sand shrimp but nothing that big

Top Bottom