Bank Spots

O
Outdrsmn
Does anyone know any good bank fishing spots at cougar this tim of year? i want to go up there this weekend and give it a try? I was thinking where the south fork mckenzie comes in? Also banks spots at blue river would help incase it is slow at cougar?

Thanks

Troutski
Troutski
Cougar...

Cougar...

Be very careful on where you fish, check the regulations very carefully before you cast.
Walker Creek is good in the Spring time, along with Slide Creek...both have plenty of bank access and rocks to sit on. You might even give the east fork a chance if your early enough, it fills up fast with bankies. Tight lines.

Chuck

T
TTFishon
If any of the places Troutski mentioned are off of the gravel road along the back side of the lake I'd bring a chainsaw. I went up there about three weeks ago and I got about two miles in before the road was blocked by downed trees. Hope you get into some fish.

Troutski
Troutski
Paved road...

Paved road...

Is the main paved road open back the the rear of the res.? Sure hope so....

Chuck

T
TTFishon
Troutski said:
Is the main paved road open back the the rear of the res.? Sure hope so....

Chuck

Yes. At least it was that day.

O
Outdrsmn
thanks guys. i was up a couple of weeks ago and everything was open. it is filling up fast!

G
grampa ron
Cougar Chinook

Cougar Chinook

I talked to the biologist for Cougar yesterday. There are Chinook in the lake. Maybe you'll get lucky. You don't need to tag it if you do get one. They are also in Lookout Point Res.

T
TTFishon
grampa ron said:
I talked to the biologist for Cougar yesterday. There are Chinook in the lake. Maybe you'll get lucky. You don't need to tag it if you do get one. They are also in Lookout Point Res.

I caught a bunch of chinook in there last year from the bank using a Thomas lure. They were all small ones.

O
Outdrsmn
I seen in the regs salmon have to be under 24". We caught nothing up there. We did not fish it hard though. Ended up at blue river and caught one nice rainbow.