Bank fly fishing guides

A
alm21
My boss is looking for a fly fishing guide that can take him out for bank fishing. He's not interested in any float trips. Also, he's looking for someone that could take him to places fairly near Portland so I would assume upper NW and Willamette zone systems. If you know of any reputable fly fishing guides that do the bank thing, let me know and I'll pass it on. Thanks.

B
beaverfan
Metalfisher76 would be a great option, shoot him a pm!

F
FishFiddle
Metalfisher76 is your guy for sure!

B
bigsteel
yep,metalfisher76 is the man to see

W
waco
A
alm21
Shot him a PM. Thanks all!

Y
youngbuck307
Just so u know it's not true fly fishing and he will be first to tell u that... It's more of just catching fish on a fly rod. But great guy has taught me a lot and is only bank guide I know

A
alm21
youngbuck307 said:
Just so u know it's not true fly fishing and he will be first to tell u that... It's more of just catching fish on a fly rod. But great guy has taught me a lot and is only bank guide I know

Good point and I figured as much based on what I saw on my EC post. That won't be a problem as I think it will be a good technique to learn using the fly rod.

Y
youngbuck307
O it is and just the other day was down there fishing with FF and we had a fish u could see but with how the current was we just couldn't get to it drift fishing or with bobbers.... So then Richard (metalfishers dad) kinda giggled to himself some once we told him what was going on..... I told him to make a few cast and get it because fish was pissing me off! He goes watch this my boy showed me this trick... U cast way up here above it then a back mend to a forward mend really quick and it shoots it down right behind that rock! Let's just say few cast latter fish on the bank! Can't wait to get a fly rod just to be able to fish water I can't right now with my normal gear... Also how fast u get ur stuff back out there is great

A
alm21
youngbuck307 said:
O it is and just the other day was down there fishing with FF and we had a fish u could see but with how the current was we just couldn't get to it drift fishing or with bobbers.... So then Richard (metalfishers dad) kinda giggled to himself some once we told him what was going on..... I told him to make a few cast and get it because fish was pissing me off! He goes watch this my boy showed me this trick... U cast way up here above it then a back mend to a forward mend really quick and it shoots it down right behind that rock! Let's just say few cast latter fish on the bank! Can't wait to get a fly rod just to be able to fish water I can't right now with my normal gear... Also how fast u get ur stuff back out there is great

That's cool. A fly rod is next on my list of setups.

A
alm21
Thanks for referring me to MetalFisher76 (Damon). It was exactly what my boss was looking for. We hit EC on Sunday and picked up a lot of great tips. We didn't have any hookups but that's ok since it was more about getting some instruction on the water and he delivered. GroundnPoundSteelheader.com, check him out.